My All White 2012 JKUR

mrshish

Observer
That is pretty much what my next car will be with all same options and color. Keep us posted on how you like it, I know I'm jealous. :)

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Something about a white Jeep with the flares painted the same color, I love it! Very nice JK!!!

My 'New to me' TJ Sahara has the body color flares, and it just looks so right, there is enough black color in the bumpers and sliders, I think.

IMG_20111210_123852.jpg

Looking at yours, I think I'll paint my top white as well. Was going to go black, but that looks sweet!

squint

Adventurer
That white is extremely sharp :) Congrats! If you like to tinker at all, you will find that Jeeps are a really great platform for mods because of the incredible variety of aftermarket parts. There are also so many forums where you can find help with nearly anything you are trying to do. The best thing of all is that Wranglers (especially Rubicon's) hold their value so well. You have chosen wisely sir! I know that my love affair with my jeep started the day I bought it and I still love to drive it every day. :coffeedrink:

Mako1114

Adventurer
Great Jeep...I dig all the options you went with. Out of curiosity, was the JKUR available in desert tan with color-match fenders?

Cheers

cbboard

thanks again everyone!

jgolden, yup, i got the 4.10 gears with the 35"s. they work great! it still has a good bit of grunt. there aren't a lot of hills in oklahoma but it has been fantastic on the highway. no problem going 80mph. i would recommend it. ah yes, the silver vs white debate. my LR3 is silver. check out Comac90's silver JKUR. mine is awfully similar to his. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2012-rubicon-jku-and-some-aev-kool-aid-110032.html

carolyn, yup double posted it! btw...checked out your website...amazing photos!

hill, bill e, i love the white TJ saharas with tan or white tops. i actually looked into tan softtops for the JK before i ordered it, but couldn't find it in the spice color, which i really love with the white jeeps. here is a pic of one of my favorite TJs.

squint, yup, i found out how well they hold their value as the used ones are almost expensive as the new ones. its a lot different than the rover world where they don't hold there value worth a dang and there only seems to be two options for each after market part.

mako114, thanks! no the desert tan is not available anymore. i have seen a few all tan jeeps and really love them. we came oh so close to ordering the tan jeep last year but held off in hopes of the new engine. we decided to go with the white for the classic look. i really love the tan but am afraid that i may not like it as much in 10-15 years.

Attachments

• DSC_7888_4x6.jpg
    DSC_7888_4x6.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 11

bldeagle10

Explorer
Congrats on the buy, glad to see someone else interested in both LR's and Jeeps, I have my Jeep, I want a D110 one day though... We have a Moore Jeep here in Peoria, AZ, they are the only dealer I use for Jeep parts and such, they are a pretty awesome dealership with some really intelligent Jeep enthusiasts working there.

again, congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing where the build goes!

forsakenfuture

Explorer
I remember back in 2004 I was talking to AEV about buying an LJ. They tried to talk me into painting the hardtop the same color as the body and I was totally against it. Now I love it! I also dig that its now a factory option.

cbboard

Congrats on the buy, glad to see someone else interested in both LR's and Jeeps, I have my Jeep, I want a D110 one day though... We have a Moore Jeep here in Peoria, AZ, they are the only dealer I use for Jeep parts and such, they are a pretty awesome dealership with some really intelligent Jeep enthusiasts working there.

again, congrats on the purchase, looking forward to seeing where the build goes!

yeah, i came very close to buying a '94 D90 3 months ago. i had the check in hand. the seller ended up being a complete prick, so i decided against buying it and restarted my jeep search. i am so glad i did.

my dream vehicle is a 110. key word being "dream."

James Pierce

Adventurer
Jeep looks good! You'll be happier with the JKUR vs the 110 just ask Dendy. When we had the 08 JKUR we drove the D90 everywhere, now that we have the '12 JKUR the D90 gets left at home more often than not. Let me know when you get back to OKC well have to meet up.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I have had what was arguably one of the nicests NAS110 Land Rovers with a 4.6 transplant. It would run like a scalded dog. I had to yell at my passengers if I wanted to have a conversation. It was an oven in the summer, and drafty in the winter- It would run high on temp occassionally, went through 2 water pumps in a year, leaked water (actually dripped down on me while driving)- Was it an awesome truck- Yes- in perception only. It is an icon truck. It is for some ... the holy grail. It got LOTS of attention. I couldn't enjoy driving for listening for changes in motor noise or sounds that weren't supposed to be there.
Now, with the JKU, ... I get in and drive. Simple. You have to decide if you want something iconic and accept the headaches and the nuances that come with it, ... of if you just want an "easy" button. Get in and go. You have to decide where your priorities lie.
I chose the Easy Button.
D

cbboard

james, i'll definitely hit you up. we'll back officially in july. we actually found a home off NW 27th and Penn last week and have a contract on it. we can't wait to get back.

dendy, you hit the nail on the head. after driving all over the southeast looking at D90s throughout october, i decided it wasn't for me at this time. i love the defenders, but came to the conclusion that they are for a patient and rich man. i am neither of those. i have more into my new jeep than i would have into a D90 at this point but the jeep serves a dual purpose as an offroader as well as an everyday vehicle that i am not afraid to drive on a road trip. we drove it 800 miles yesterday from OK to TN and it was great. i am really loving this truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz