My All White 2012 JKUR

cbboard

i've been lurking around the forum for over a year or two now but haven't really posted much. we just got a new 2012 jeep and are planning on building it up for future somewhat mild overlanding trips, so i figured i'd start a thread on it.

i have been a land rover guy for several years now and currently own an '05 LR3 and an '03 D2. both of which are built up pretty well and used as they were intended to be used offroad. however, after going to the 2010 national land rover rally in moab last year and seeing a 2010 JKUR in action, i got the jeep bug. we came very close to buying a 2011 last fall, but decided to hold off as i had another year of residency left, and we were intrigued with the possibility of a new engine.

as soon as the 2012's hit the showroom floors, i was making trips to different dealers for test drives. my wife and i were sold on getting one after driving a 2012 with the top down for a bit. now the problem was which dealer to order from. we are currently living in nashville but moving back home to oklahoma in the summer. after visiting about every jeep dealership in the nashville area, we just couldn't order from these guys. one sales guy insulted me for pulling up to the dealership in a land rover and continued to bash the rover while he sat in the back seat during the test drive of the jeep. another sales guy asked me if wanted my new rubicon in 2 or 4 wheel drive. seriously??? these guys were not going to get my business.

we then decided to try the dealerships back in oklahoma since we will be moving back in 6 months or so. i had heard good things about bob moore chrysler jeep dodge in OKC. so, i began a long distance order process with them even though i had never met them in person. it ended up being an unbelievably great experience! it was however complicated! i am not a big fan of financing, but i couldn't turn down the 0% financing. it ended up being a great deal as we were able to roll the cost of a bunch of mods onto the cost of the jeep to be financed in total. it was a hefty price but allowed me to get a bunch of future mods done now.

we ordered my all white 2012 JKUR from bob moore on 10/28/2011. jason jones was our sales guy, and he was fantastic. he kept us posted throughout the process and coordinated the ordering and install of the mods. the mods we had them order and install included an AEV 3.5" lift, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV CHMSL, AEV silver pintlers, 35" BFG KM2s, and AFE Y pipe. the jeep was delivered to the dealership in OKC on 12/2. we then made the trip to OKC for the holidays and purchased it on tuesday 12/6. after a one mile test drive we left it at the dealer for the next 4 days to have the mods installed. it was tough buying a new car and leaving it, but it was well worth it as they did a fantastic job with the install!

since picking it up less than 2 weeks ago, we've already put over 1,300 miles on it. we are absolutely loving it. the AEV suspension drives great! i've included a few pics of the jeep at time of delivery, immediately after mods installation, and after the first brief wheeling trip. i'll try to post some pics as the build progresses. there's a few small jeep parts sitting under the tree. and once again, thanks for all of the great help and advice over the past year!

the jeep getting delivered to the dealership.

my wife with the jeep at time of pickup.

a couple pics from the first minor offroad outing. more to follow!

cbboard

it drives very similar to the disco since it is lifted and locked. the comparison to the LR3 is a different story. the LR3s air suspension drives like a big lexus sedan. the jeep is a good bit bouncier. it does however handle the corners just as well if not a bit better. overall, i am really enjoying the onroad and offroad characteristics of the jeep.

thanks marshal!

forsakenfuture

Explorer
Thank you so much for sharing! I love JKs all one color, I am glad its now an option on Rubicons. Your just is fantastic. It is so hard to find a dealer in the know..I have yet to meet a dealer that knows what the Rubicon is. I asked where they moved the location of the locker button on the 2011 and one told me "they are on the door".

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Thank you so much for sharing! I love JKs all one color, I am glad its now an option on Rubicons. Your just is fantastic. It is so hard to find a dealer in the know..I have yet to meet a dealer that knows what the Rubicon is. I asked where they moved the location of the locker button on the 2011 and one told me "they are on the door".
I was between jobs for two months this spring and after two days off I asked a Ford dealer for a job. They told me to sit down and study untill I was ready. In 2 hours I found the coffe pot, bathrooms and walked the lot to see what colors we had. That was my training so the rest I had to wing. I sold a $160,000 Ford GT just by telling a guy "Look how fast that one looks!" I did not even know what a Ford GT was. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT Moral is do your own research.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier