My New Bumper and Winch

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
I REALLY like this Expedition One JK Trail Bumper. It's so well made... chose the WARN VR-10000 - S (synthetic rope) winch. The bumper is my Christmas present from my husband.... the winch, well, that's on me.
Not quite finished... need to finish setting up the winch... and waiting on the Mopar steering and sway bar skid plate. Also, have ordered a Benchmark dual battery plate, and National Luna dual battery system.

The work was done here in Utah, by Jim Jackson and his partner Levi. Expedition Off Road
I HIGHLY recommend these guys. And they do all kinds of amazing stuff. Thanks to Kurt here on this forum, I've now got 2 great connections in Utah. Expedition Off Road, and TeraFlex Plus. I think I'm covered :sombrero:

AND the bumper was built here in Utah, by Expedition One. I've been eyeballing their rear bumper too...

Attachments

• FrontBumperWinch.jpg
    FrontBumperWinch.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 44
  • BumperWinchSide.jpg
    BumperWinchSide.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 39

Dools

Wanderer
That is a very nice looking JK! Have you thought about putting a super chip for increased performance in if you havent already?

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Thanks..... as far as the super chip goes, this is an '11. One of these days if they ever crack the code - then - yes. Meanwhile, this is very doable as is for me.

I'll be changing gears to 4.88's (have 3.73's) - and eventually, if I can manage to keep the rust at bay.... down the road (a fair piece) - maybe a Dodge Hemi... :smiley_drive:

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Thanks. They are American Racing Wheels... Mojave Teflon. Easy to clean, so yes, I like them. I'm sure they will get nicked up, but I don't know many that won't - particularly in this price range.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Very nice! I really like when they incorporate the holes for the Hi-Lift into the bumper.

I have used my plasma-arc on more than one bumper, to add Hi-Lift cut outs.

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Thanks guys. I really like the looks, and it's super functional. And yes.... having the lift points is a plus! I'm lucky my husband got this for me for Christmas~

owhiting

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks..... as far as the super chip goes, this is an '11. One of these days if they ever crack the code - then - yes. Meanwhile, this is very doable as is for me.

I'll be changing gears to 4.88's (have 3.73's) - and eventually, if I can manage to keep the rust at bay.... down the road (a fair piece) - maybe a Dodge Hemi... :smiley_drive:
Ripp has cracked the code for 2011 to run the vortec supercharger. I just installed a Ripp supercharger kit on a 2007 for a customer and I am very impressed with the power.

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
cico7 and iRagedoyou..... thanks guys. Appreciate it. I'm really having so much fun building/researching/deciding...

owhiting... thank you for the information. I'll keep an eye out on that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier