Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JK Safari snorkel

im not arguing with you in this forum too JPK, Jeepforum was enough to last me my lifetime. i still refuse to run an AEV suspension, but thank you for your snorkel story.

Marshal: So ... are you overlanding ... or extreme rock crawling? I see you are in Louisville. Love to know some of the places you go! We some land between the lakes camping and exploring. Great area!
    D
    "Adventure is where you find it, any place, every place, except at home in the rocking chair." Wally Byam

2015 Ford F250 4X4- White-(Mine)
    2016 Subaru Outback - White (Hers)
    2015 Airstream Eddie Bauer Outdoor Edition

Tread Lightly! Trainer

My Truck Build Threads:
    Previous Articles & Trucks:

http://expeditionportal.com/a-personal-progression-of-overlanding/

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/94724-Like-A-Moth-To-The-Flame-My-New-LR3

http://expeditionportal.com/cape-lookout-national-seashore-an-east-coast-escape/

http://expeditionportal.com/from-an-aev-jeep-to-an-lr3like-a-moth-to-the-flame/

i rock crawl, but overlanding fascinates me which is why I'm here. so far my suspension blueprinting will give me a best of both worlds function, well see how it pans out next summer. thankfully i have access to all the tools necessary to build my own suspension "kit" and make it work exactly how i want it to.

we go to Slade (Red River Gorge), Black Mountain (harlan, KY), Badlands (Attica, IN) and a lot of other little places within the state. we have many plans to go further and we hope to tackle a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by forsakenfuture View Post
    Do you have anymore photos of this JK? Loving the white on white Rubicons.

If you remember AEVs snorkel was inspired by the snorkel setups on the M38A1s.
    I have loads of pictures of this white JK and another one we did a complete AEV/AT build up on. I'd hate to derail this thread with them unless the author of the thread OK's it.

I am dieing to see them , are they in another thread?
    2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Here is a sample of some of the work we have been doing on JK's recently. The pictures are of two different builds, both using the AEV 3.5" lift, they are accessorized slightly differently.

AIR SYSTEM

AT has developed a JK Air System Kit, it will be available early in January 2011. It consists of all the parts needed to add an Extreme Air Magnum or 12 Volt compressor, consisting of compressor, skid plate/housing, snorkel for compressor air intake, two air quick disconnect, pressure gauge, coiled air hose, and air gauge.

JK ELECTRICAL

We also build a custom dual battery system for the JK including battery case, batteries, and dual battery management system:

Last edited by Martyn; 12-26-2011 at 11:17 PM.

JK Accessories:

Typical JK with AEV 3.5" lift.

AEV rear bumper, corner protectors, rear tire swing away, and two rear work lights:

AEV front bumper, warn winch, Viking synthetic winch line, Baja Lights:

Same set up with an Expedition One front bumper:

Last edited by Martyn; 12-26-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Other accessories:

LED driving lights:

Vector Off Road rear rack:

Specialized fold down strobe lighting for a helicopter tender vehicle:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast