Range Rover P38 diesel conversion

R-Overland

Adventurer
Eric is a great Guy, with his parts and help, it will go very smooth... take your time with the motormounts, but I am sure Eric can give you pointers
Just reading through your thread now :) you got a cool ride
~michael,

R-Overland

Adventurer
hey I like your RRC a lot... you did an awesome amount of work on her
I used to have an 88... the best thing about it was the manual transfercase :)

Last edited:

ArmyRover

Adventurer
The LT230 is in the garage and awaiting transplant lol. I was thinking during the engine swap would be a good time to do it. Anyways back to your build lol

R-Overland

Adventurer
still a bit of a mess
I will install a serpentine configuration instead of v belt and a late model 6.5L waterpump (more flow)
PC280191.jpg

R-Overland

Adventurer
I want to put in either a t56 or a NV4500... that's down the road once this set up runs... I am feelin ya on the LT230
do you have a classic or P38?

spikemd

Explorer
Wow, very cool conversion. I am anxious to see how you will deal with the electronics and BECM. The BECM seems to control almost everything on the truck, but I have heard of a guy in Australia that put a Megasquirt fuel injection on his P38 and somehow made it all work. He basically tricked the BECM into thinking it was getting engine data.

Can't wait to see how this ends up...

R-Overland

Adventurer
to keep it all ' simpler' I changed the fittings to AN
P1030192.jpg

new AN-10 for the engine oil cooler. and AN-8 for the transmission oil cooler
P1030190.jpg

I cut off the original fittings at the cooler side and welded AN fittings on instead
P1030193.jpg

R-Overland

Adventurer
i'll make a adaptor for the bracket and run the PS and ac of the P38 on a seperate sepentine belt. and use the GM powersteering pump for the hydraulic winch

R-Overland

Adventurer
moved the radiator forward a bit and low and behold the lincoln mk VIII electric fan fit... it is starting to look normal again
P1050190.jpg

P1050192.jpg

P1050193.jpg

ArmyRover

Adventurer
It's coming along nicely, that lincoln radiator looks like it was made to be there. I'm guessing all the braided hoses on the drive side are for power steering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne