TJ Safari Snorkel & Banks Intake?

Rubicon

Observer
Good evening all,

I have recieved a Banks Intake System for my 2004 TJ Rubicon for Christmas (thanks Dad)! :) I am currently running a Safari Snorkel through the stock air intake system.

Does anyone have any experience/ideas for mating these two systems together? I'm thinking that there must be a way to modify either the snorkel tubing and/or the intake opening from the Banks system, but haven't started blamestorming yet - want to see if anyone has done anyting yet, so I don't have to "recreate the wheel".

Thanks for any ideas & Merry Christmas to all!

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I did a search to see what the Banks kit looked like. Of all the intake kits I've seen, this one looks most accomodating for the snorkel. Unfortunately, I can't give you specific advice concerning mating the two.

I'd say it looks possible, but not simple.

154_0804_06_z+2001_wrangler_test_mule_intake_shootout+banks_ram_air_intake.jpg

Rubicon

Observer
Jerry,

Yep, that is the Banks kit. I'm starting to think that I may be able to modify the JK Snorkel that AEV has (in some way) to hook into the "intake" location on the Banks.... Not sure of the geometry and the measurements, but seems more logical and A LOT shorter distance (coming across the top of the fender with the JK design, rather than up from under the battery trays with the TJ design). Of course, I already have the Safari Snorkel on there, so there is lots to think about!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior