Expedition Portal: The Land Rover 109 IIA Build

LR Max

Local Oaf
Don't worry about sound proofing. Just get you a set a noise cancelling ear buds. That'll solve all the noise, shakes and rattles.

overlander

Expedition Leader
This is a beautiful example of a Rover. Look forward to following the thread. I would leave the paint and decals exactly as it is. Awesome.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I stopped by the Prescott shop yesterday and saw this rig in the parking lot...
I would leave the paint & decals just as they are. Folks in the hot rod world are PAYING money to get a fake patina like you have :)

JSBriggs

Adventurer
If you plan on keeping the fairy, get the gear, cover plate, and tool to be able to get you going again, so when it explodes, you can salvage your trip (albeit at 45mph top speed)

-Jeff

LR Max

Local Oaf
Just drive it. As you go along, you'll figure out what you need to do.

If you want a Salisbury, check out www.pangolin4x4.com The owner, Ike, I think he has a few Salisbury axles laying around. Install one of those for now then later on go with a Detroit.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
The crew took the 109 out yesterday and put it through its paces. We we're doing a team skills exercise on off road clutch control - the 109 was the perfect fit to take with.

While you couldn't, and wouldn't take the same line as you would with Chazz's 04 DII, or the AEV Jeep - the 109 in my opinion was the funnest, and most difficult vehicle to drive.

MAT_3995.jpg

MAT_4005.jpg

MAT_4007.jpg

MAT_4011.jpg

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
Anyone who wants to learn to drive off road should start in a series rover or early CJ. No p.s., low power, poor brakes, small tires, standard tranny. There's a lot to do, a lot going on and you have to make the vehicle do what you want.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Here was the project for the early afternoon!

I installed a very nice Adventure Trailers storage drawer, and a Waaco Fridge (on loan from ClarkWhite) It's starting to pan out to be a nice little vehicle.

MAT_4028.jpg

MAT_4030.jpg

MAT_4032.jpg

MAT_4033.jpg

A quick word on the AT storage drawer - the unit I got was in the Jeep JK Overland, It's been sitting outside for some time now. It's still flawless, one of the benefits of the composite is that it doesn't rot, or warp, this system has seen some serious abuse, and is still like new to me. I love AT's products, and not to mention they're great people. Here's a link to their drawer systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles