FWC Shell On Craiglist - good deal and what to check?

lcgeek

Observer
Hello, I am brand new to this forum and have tons to learn. I am going to check out this 2005 FWC Shell in an hour. According to owner it was on a 99 Chevy Ext Cab Shortbed so I assuming it is a Hawk Shell. Any suggestions on what to check on inspection and how to verify it is indeed a 2005 and not 1995 :)
Is $1500 a good price?
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/rvs/2778538675.html

Thanks!
JT

Airmonger

Adventurer
Considering a new shell is $6,000.00 and up to $12,000 or more outfitted I would grab it. If you not going to someone on here will.

lcgeek

Observer
I checked it out, but didn't buy it. It was in too rough of shape for my abilities, might be good for someone who is handy and wants to nurse it back to good shape. First off, it was not a 2005. More like a 1995, and yet I joked that could be the case. The entire right side was riddled with hail damage. There door frame aluminum was banged up. Most of anything rubber like seals and gaskets was broken and crumbled. The inside looked fairly trashed to me, but probably could be painted and refurbished with new flooring, wall covering, and fabric. I was looking for something more ready to go, so passed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94