Two for one accident...

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
It is with heavy heart that I relate to you the story of an innocent Land Cruiser parked on the street that still got the better of a passing Lincoln Aviator (that was probably going 45mph in a 30mph zone).

Just after dark last night one of my friend Matt was sitting at home with his wife and 10yr-old daughter when BA-BAM!! He said the sound reverberated through the front of his house and rattled the windows. He went outside to find that a woman driving down the street had veered over and smacked the back corner of his parked 80-Series...
:(
IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

...with a hard enough impact to push the Land Cruiser into the back of his Mustang GT which was parked at least 4ft in front of it and shove the car another 5-6ft along the curb. Obviously the ARB bumper got the better of the Mustang.

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Normally the the Mustang would be parked in the garage next to his wife's Explorer and the 80-Series would be in the driveway in front of his M101A3 trailer. But he's been shuffling them around lately because we needed some workspace in the garage and he wanted to be able to drive the car more than once a month without moving the trailer anyway. Needless to say, he's gutted at the thought of his Cruiser getting totaled simply due to age/mileage combined with the fact that the Mustang's not completely paid for. A small compensation was that the Lincoln came off worse than the Cruiser and the woman openly admitted to the police that the accident was her fault. Everyone involved had full coverage so it will all get worked out. USAA will be coming to assess his two vehicles on Friday.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
That really stinks! Hard enough to get one vehicle damaged bad, but two? OUCH!!

On a good note, everyone I've talked to who has USAA insurance has had good dealing with them.

I have so far also since my garage and truck burned 2 days ago.

Matter of fact, I'm waiting on one of the adjusters now. Hoping things go well.

Hoping things go well for your friend also!!

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
That really stinks! Hard enough to get one vehicle damaged bad, but two? OUCH!!

On a good note, everyone I've talked to who has USAA insurance has had good dealing with them.

I have so far also since my garage and truck burned 2 days ago.

Matter of fact, I'm waiting on one of the adjusters now. Hoping things go well.

Hoping things go well for your friend also!!

Aw, man! You lost the Dodge?

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Some pics that Matt took this morning. Looks pretty benign from his driveway until you realize the front bumper of the Mustang was about where that expansion seam in the curb/sidewalk is (right in front of the rear tire now).

2012-01-05_09-33-24_560.jpg

2012-01-05_09-29-19_46.jpg

2012-01-05_09-22-33_739.jpg

2012-01-05_09-33-00_726.jpg

2012-01-05_09-25-38_499.jpg

That ARB sure made an impression on the Mustang.

TwinCruiser

Observer
What a shame...hope the Cruiser can be repaired.

Best of luck to your buddy. He should fight long and hard with the insurance co. if they try to total it.

BTW, my '92 has a rust spot in the exact location as your friend's.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Just got a text from him. USAA rep is there now. Cruiser is totaled, just like we all thought. He hasn't said whether he intends to buy it back or anything...

brussum

Adventurer
That's a real bummer. It's bad enough to have the LC get hit, but both vehicles is terrible. I'd definitely buy it back, even if it's just for parts.

luk4mud

Explorer
Short of a serious injury, that kind of wreck is a nightmare. These rigs are worth alot more to us than the insurance guy thinks. Only thing worse would be if it were stolen and having to accept "book" value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior