AZ Expo Fly Fishing Group

Flagster

Expedition Leader
From recent posts it looks like we have a small group of fly fishing anglers here in AZ.
I am thinking about starting an informal group to meet infrequently to fish, exchange fishing stories, recommend fishing books, tie flies, and of course talk trucks/expo things...
Between work an all my other hobbies I don't always get out on the water as much as I should but am always game for whipping the water in search of fish...
With expo members spread all over Arizona this should be a good way to share local area information.
Would anyone be interested in this. Initial meeting could be a weekend day meet and greet at a local fishing locale with dinner or BBQ afterwards??? Maybe an overnight?

Last edited:

MAD Duo

Observer
We are in...all for a BBQ and meet and greet. Maybe Banjo Bill down in Oak Creek? They have the tables and the BBQ grills, plus we are within walking distance to some good fishing holes. Last time I was there it was completely empty except for one other family at the BBQ area and I had the whole creek to myself.

Keep us posted!

Flagster-Soon as I get my 7 wt back from some warranty work I am definitely down for trying our luck with Pike on Lake Mary!

GunnIt

Adventurer
How about a weekend here at Lees Ferry. Spend a day fishing the walk-in area; I could help everyone hone their fly fishing skills and learn a bit about this beautiful section of water. Day 2 could be spent exploring the Pariah Plateau. If you have not seen this area, the Pariah-Vermillion Cliffs National Monument is one of the most spectacular back country areas in the US. I would be happy to host this trip if we can get a few people interested.

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
How about a weekend here at Lees Ferry. Spend a day fishing the walk-in area; I could help everyone hone their fly fishing skills and lean a bit about this beautiful section of water. Day 2 could be spent exploring the Pariah Plateau. If you have not seen this area, the Pariah-Vermillion Cliffs National Monument is one of the most spectacular back country areas in the US. I would be happy to host this trip if we can get a few people interested.

Great idea for a location/meet...
I will edit the thread to reflect the entire state...didn't mean to leave out central and southern AZ...

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Count me in (But I am a virgin)

Got a rod for christmas, signed up for a couple of hours of "this is how you do it without catching yourself" lessons. Now to actually put that to practice with water and fish.

But I am a little concerned. When I told one of my mates from Oz that I was going to take up fly fishing he replied " you should fit right in. Its only limp wrist-ed tuna fishing" :)

mbuckner

Adventurer
I plan to be up on the Paria Plateau 18-19 March ... could stop at Lee's Ferry on
20 March for a day of fishing .....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles