Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

Silverwulf

Adventurer
Just looking at your install pics and I must say it looks WAAAYY better lifted. Like a different truck. I cant wait to finish mine this weekend.
BTW I like the custom "pin stripe" on the drivers side.:sombrero:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Thats the typical cost for a used ARB. Anything under $400 is a steal. Im really impressed by the quality of ARBs work, super high quality stuff.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
After a week driving around with a bodylift I am really impressed. Took it offroad for a quick run, clearance is nice, no more rubbing on the inner fender. 33s fit really nice. Overall a great mod for cheap. Three of my buddies who also own Monteros are interested in doing the same thing.

IMG_2395copy.jpg

IMG_2410copy.jpg

there is good gap of 4-5 inches between the body and the gas tank. Will definitely need to raise the tank a bit to get some more clearance in the back.

IMG_2397copy.jpg

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Ait fellas, here are some pics from a trip that me and my buddies went on couple of weeks ago.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

my buddies 1996 Monty SR

IMG_0169-1.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Tacoma got stuck, Montero to the rescue

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Will have to remove that sway bar

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Last edited:

viducce

Observer
Nice truck you got there, with great potential.

Found this, regarding your plan to raise the tank, it may be helpful - it's from a site in Germany.

http://www.offroad-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=14026&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Cheers, Chris

After a week driving around with a bodylift I am really impressed. Took it offroad for a quick run, clearance is nice, no more rubbing on the inner fender. 33s fit really nice. Overall a great mod for cheap. Three of my buddies who also own Monteros are interested in doing the same thing.

IMG_2395copy.jpg

IMG_2410copy.jpg

there is good gap of 4-5 inches between the body and the gas tank. Will definitely need to raise the tank a bit to get some more clearance in the back.

IMG_2397copy.jpg

Clem

Adventurer
Hey eurosonic,

Is that the Indian Valley Reservoir area? I'm thinking of heading out there and into the Mendocino National Forest (from a trail at the north end of the reservoir) in last week of May. My rig is all stock, so I hope the streams/rivers will have time to recede by then:snorkel:.

Cheers!:sombrero:

Clem

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice truck you got there, with great potential.

Found this, regarding your plan to raise the tank, it may be helpful - it's from a site in Germany.

http://www.offroad-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=14026&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Cheers, Chris
Did mine too a couple of years back...
The build process including pics was documented here and it's in English LOL (http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1215300&an=0&page=0#Post1215300) although being eastern European... Sprechen Sie Deutsche?

The whole process takes a few hours with a couple of guys and skills..

We did two rigs at the same time. Took all day cause we didn't have great skills, goofed around plus the welder was acting up... Oh and it was also HOT out even with tarps over both rigs.

HTH

Last edited:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Hey eurosonic,

Is that the Indian Valley Reservoir area? I'm thinking of heading out there and into the Mendocino National Forest (from a trail at the north end of the reservoir) in last week of May. My rig is all stock, so I hope the streams/rivers will have time to recede by then:snorkel:.

Cheers!:sombrero:

Clem

Looks like a lot of fun. Looks like a lot of fun trail riding and stream crossings. Were there any rocks to crawl too?

Any write ups online on this place that I could check out?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Not much rock crawlin around there, although some trails that go deep in the mountains tend to get a bit complex. Getting stuck there can be scary as it is far away from any signs of civilization.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles