Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

scrubber3

Not really here
It is so nice to post pictures with tapatalk for iPhone...... Easiest way to put up a picture! Snap a pic with the iPhone, upload it right into a thread reply. Doesn't get any easier..... You can pull them out of any album too. :)

mike5

Adventurer
Quick question: to get the front fenders off, does the front bumper have to be removed? Also, is there double-sided tape anywhere or some other padding that must be replaced when removing the fenders?

scrubber3

Not really here
Quick question: to get the front fenders off, does the front bumper have to be removed? Also, is there double-sided tape anywhere or some other padding that must be replaced when removing the fenders?

Probably best to start your own thread asking these questions. Youll get more answers.

Edit: I just got tapatalk HD and its funny how things are now setup. Hard to explain, but I cannot see parts of the thread I used to be able to see. My bad.

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
yeah, thread hijacking occurs..lol.. as long as its related :wings:

My truck had a body lift so it was easy to get to the bolt located in the front lower part of the fender
Its challenge to get to that bolt with out removing the bumper if you dont have a BL
And there was no double sided tape or any padding that had to be replaced. Pretty straight forward underneath the fender.

scrubber3

Not really here
No worries, try to put some triangular tabs in the corners where you tie it into the frame and you should be fine.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Over the weekend got the ARB Bumper fitted and installed along with some TrailGear rock sliders with the help of Josh from No Limit Muffler and Fabrication, Roseville CA.
As you many know, the ARB bumper was sourced from a rolled 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Bumper had to be chopped and capped along the edges to fit the fender line of the montero. The center had to be trimmed as well in order to fit the relatively flat front of the montero. Still need to finish some reinforcement bracketry underneath the bumper but over all it came out very nice. Very happy with the results, ARB makes some darn good products.

Eventually will clean it up a bid and maybe get it powder-coated.

of course the pics :)

IMG_8102copy.jpg

IMG_8113copy.jpg

IMG_8110copy.jpg

IMG_8139copy.jpg

IMG_8116copy.jpg

IMG_8120copy.jpg

IMG_8180copy.jpg

IMG_8160copy.jpg

IMG_8158copy.jpg

IMG_8168copy.jpg

IMG_8151copy.jpg