Steini`s travels

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I don't think I've ever seen Edelweiss in person. It only grows very high, correct? Was the route considered part of the Via Ferrata? I love all the history. I would be interested in more hiking and mountaineering if we had the same alpine hut systems you have in the Alps. There is something about being able to show up at a hut after a long day of hiking and get a wonderful dinner and a bottle of wine.

I don't think I've ever seen Edelweiss in person. It only grows very high, correct?

It doesn`t have to be up high, but it only grows on special places, considering sun/shadow and temperature. You have to know where to look for them...

Was the route considered part of the Via Ferrata?

Parts of it. We also followed maps from 1915/16. It get`s more interesting if you`re away from all the paths...

I would be interested in more hiking and mountaineering if we had the same alpine hut systems you have in the Alps. There is something about being able to show up at a hut after a long day of hiking and get a wonderful dinner and a bottle of wine.

Well, there a no huts where we usually at. We usually bring our stuff/tent with us or use the existing 1.WW caverns. This time we also used a depot from a cableway:

11600435by.jpg

mph

Expedition Leader
[

Awesome! The backcountry skiing looks crazy awesome! Your first picture....r those skis huts rentable?

Thx

QUOTE=Steinbruchsoldat;1034011]Hi guys,
i`m going to add some pictures here from time to time...

This was Austria on New Year:

dsc06782mrbid.jpg

dsc06297rlbcb.jpg

dsc06763urxo8.jpg

dsc06780osy0g.jpg

dsc06764wabqn.jpg

dsc06852e6x0d.jpg

And some skiing action:

[/QUOTE]

There are a few for rent, but they`re really pricey and just close to touristic towns...

Around our`s there all used by their owners...

Will be back there on friday...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
There is no one that cant say that you are not a serious mountain climber Steinez. Your pics are awesome. It just shows that it takes that little bit extra effort to go the places that not everybody reaches. Thanks for posting up. Always cool to see what you are up too. Cheers, Chilli...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior