4x4 Mechanic in Guatemala?

defrag4

Road Warrior
Howdy folks, We are on our PanAm adventure, 3 months on the road so far and loving it! Our expo thread is here http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...way-San-Francisco-to-Ushuaia-in-an-87-4Runner

We are actually right on the border of Mexico and Belize right now about to cross over. Were spending a week or so in Belize then headed to Guatemala for a month or so for spanish immersion.

We have run into some issues with our truck and have not had much luck tracking down parts here in Mexico or mechanics in the timeframe we need. We plan to spend a while in Guatemala and want to get the issues sorted out there. We will be staying in San Pedro which is about an hour outside of Guatemala City.

Does anyone have any connections or recommendations of a good mechanic down there? We will need some basic stuff done, CV axle replacement, oil pan resealed, and some fuel tank work done as well. We managed to punch a pinhole in the seam of our gastank and have a steady fuel leak. I am thinking I can JB weld it together temporarily but would like to have it permanently fixed up when we get the chance. My spanish is crap but we know enough to get around.

Thanks guys, Please respond to the thread or email us directly at james@homeonthehighway.com

Our internet connection is sporadic, pretty much whenever we can get it from a campground or steal it from a hotel.

Pic of the gas the gas tank carnage, overloaded spring pushed through the lip

424525_221331844626711_163795383713691_480201_782577681_n.jpg

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Sorry you seem to be having so many problems with you truck....

I found good cheap mechanics in Antigua. It is also a great place to lay low and chill out for awhile.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I just sent an e-mail to a friend in Guatemala with your contact e-mail. Hopefully he gets it soon and can help out.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Our friend in Guatemala just let me know that he has dropped you an e-mail.

familyman0809

Hola, I am living about 80 miles east of the Capital and I am looking for a legitimate Land Rover mechanic. I have a 96 Defender that I want to have a few things checked-out/repaired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles