Scrubber3's long overdue build thread

scrubber3

Not really here
It's never really dropped anything, but it's saved me at least twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

scrubber3

Not really here
Gentlemen, I am selling my montero. If you've any questions, please send a PM. It runs great, has cold AC, and will go through anything. Asking price is $3000.

Read through this build thread to see what it has. Everything works. The timing belt was replaced in 2011 and it's only been about 17,000 miles since. The roof lights have been taken off. Did a recent trip to Texas and back. Replaced drivers window motor/ regulator since then. So, both front window motors/ regulators are new. Just had an alignment done in January. This thing is ready for the trails. Just turn the key and go. This isn't a show truck mind you, but a very capable of road rig.

Hate to do it, but the times are a changing.

It's located in Fayetteville NC

>>>Sold it to a good home

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scrubber3

Not really here
8d296fdfe2031d3be653ad19649f8c52.jpg

Picked this up today. 2013 tacoma TRD off road. 22k miles on it.

It was a good time with monty for the last 8 years. I'll miss it. Hopefully, I'll find it a good home
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Elloinfocus

So this is what it looked like on it's maiden voyage. A trip to Uwharrie NC for a few nights of camping with my brother.
View attachment 85303View attachment 85304View attachment 85305View attachment 85306

The only thing noticeable from the outside at this point was the BFG AT 31s and a torsion bar crank. Still went through Uwharrie without a single hiccup.

Upon finishing that camping trip, I didn't do too much for quite some time. Although I did manage to install one of these.
View attachment 85307 Bolted right up with the fasteners that came on the truck. I have pulled much with this and with the locking hook, I don't have to worry about a recovery strap coming off and I can pull trailers with pull rings. Tractor supply has them for around 80 bucks.
I needed it to pull my bass boat. Keep in mind I was still attending college to obtain my ADN. Money was tight and time was scarce so upgrading was on the back burner.

Would still know where to find that tow assembly? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online