Ms AdventureDuo's Adventure Bike

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We got her out in the dirt yesterday for a little bit. Took her over to Wildomar OHV training area. She did great and only dumped it once. Didn't hurt the bike nor the lady. :D It was perfect timing because hardly a soul was around due to the crappy weather. She received tons of seat time and learned the rear/front brake and how to shift better.
yoshride.jpg

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Too cool - you can see her smiling from inside the helmet.

Great find. I know you'll have a blast with it.

Keep posting pics!!!!

gabepari

Explorer
Oh jeez, I couldn't help myself... Just came home with a CT90 in the back of my truck...

I'll post pics tomorrow, but it's a yellow '69 in pretty darn good shape. Starts first kick, current tags and garage kept (NO rust!)

Trail 90's FTMFW!!!

Let's go riding Yosh!

Gabe

FAW3

Adventurer
Nice find! If you respect the limitations of the Honda Trails (essentially speed, power & suspension) compaired to a more modern MC...then you are ready for a lifetime of fun on one! The dual range transmission is just sweet on these...you can just about out climb a billy goat on one. I had a couple of Honda Trails (70 & 90) over the years...and they keep coming back to my garage.

The shifting (once clutch is adjusted - very easy...check online or the Clymer book) can be hard to finesee. I've found it's sort of "gently press the lever down (not a tap, a press and hold)...and moderate throttle until it shifts". The key is matching the throttle (engine RPM) to the gear...and of the three I have had...all felt slightly different.

If you ever open up the engine case...you will see a degree of design and workmanship & parts finishing that is sadly gone forever. What a neat bit of MC history we are luck to own. Per $, per pound, or per :)...these are great little bikes!

CT90nextcreek.jpg

I'll post a glam shot of ours...Geo. Washington National Forest in Va. With tags and the OEM spark arrester...were good to go!

Last edited:

Adventurerider

Adventurer
Super nice find, I think it's great that you guys are learning and getting out together, moto's that is! Good luck, be safe and always remember to have lots of fun, my wife and I used to average about 10-15k per year riding together before kids, well she did half that truthfully, lol.
But if your in need of any advice or gear don't hesitate to reach out.
BTW I still have my first bike, 1970 CT70, great old
Bikes that last forever, the Trail Series!

D

Deleted member 9101

I love the old school scooters. I have a 81 Yamaha QT 50 I'm stripping and restoring.

You got quite the score with yours!

TeufelHunden

Observer
I don't mean to hijack, but it sounds like we gotta our wives together. Mine rides an XL230 that she bought new 9 years ago in Japan and I brought with us when we moved back here from Japan.

P.S. That is a cool Trail 90! That aux fuel tank is such a cool idea! It looks like an old Boy Scout canteen.
0209001346.jpg2011-08-20 15.18.25.jpg2011-08-20 15.18.40.jpg

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Wives on two wheels

Very cool trail bike!

We need to start a wives on two wheels thread. Mine will be on her second season with the TW200. She took the safety course and received her endorsement. Now she just needs to build a bit more offroad confidence.

IMGP1047.JPG

My son starts riding this year too. We picked up a KLX100 for him.

DSCN0345.JPG

He should outgrow the KLX and move up to the TW by the time Laurie is ready to start riding the KLR. At least that is my plan ;)

I am so looking forward to this years adventures!

Last edited:

FAW3

Adventurer
I think it's so great that so many of these small & sometimes older bikes are not forgotten in a field, but kept up and used! It is so sad to see so many just left to rust/rot away.

These simple smaller bikes can be one of the best "investments" a boyfriend, husband and/or dad could ever make. What is the value and the fun of teaching someone ride and love motorcycles? To teach them the simple skills to maintain a machine so it gives good reliable service? Like the credit card commercial says...It can be priceless.

My wife and kids love our CT90...

So, thanks to all of you folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior