Ms AdventureDuo's Adventure Bike

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Introducing Yoshi's 1978 Honda Trail 90. Mint condition, all original, with 4500 miles. :ylsmoke:

img5485ro.jpg

So, she may not be able to keep up with the boys on our big thumpers, but heck.. im not fighting it.

When your other half says... "I want one of those bikes" You don't argue. You just go with it.

This thing is immaculate. We're almost scared to take it on the trails :D

img5483r.jpg

Basically what happened with all this is, we camped last weekend with a buddy that had a '71 Trail90. I brought it out with the idea that she could learn to ride on it without having to fuss with a clutch and just get the basics down. Well, it was all over from there. She had to have one when we got back.

Looks like it did when it rolled off the show room floor in '79.
img5490qu.jpg

Still has the original dealer sticker from where it was purchased way back when..
img5491hn.jpg

Came with all receipts ever put into it, along with original manual, battery tender, spare parts and some brand new nobbies.

The seat has a small tear, but a new OEM seat is only about $55. We'll toss one on after we make a small parts list for DrATV.
img5493e.jpg

Even has the original second seat on the original rear rack and the aux fuel tank!
img5494tx.jpg

img5497j.jpg

All the plastics looks great and so do all the brake lines. Heck even the rims look new, hardly a spec of rust.
img5500me.jpg

Odometer with fully functioning turn signal, neutral and hi-beam indicators. Quick release latch with original arrow still in tact.
img5503r.jpg

Awe yes, the year i was born. Even cooler.
img5504o.jpg

220lbs? Uh oh, i guess i can't ride it. :D
img5507kt.jpg

Just a beauty of collectible history. She's so happy she could scream. It will be in the family for a long time to come. This bike will be a stepping stone to a larger bike.
img5505a.jpg

Last edited:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Should'a got a crf230! :)

Baby steps my friend, Baby steps. I really liked your bike and Heidi's Super Sherpa even better... but Remember, im going WITH the odds on this one. Not against them. Im just stoked she wants anything on 2 wheels! We'll work up to her 1200GS one day :D

Desert Dan

Explorer
Great find!

Didn't some come with a larger rear gear too?

Now you need a doggie seat.
You can sit on the back too LOL!

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Brilliant find. With the extra fuel tank and all. I agree bring it to the rendezvous so I can see how to put mine together. I picked one up to go with the TW200 as pit/camp pigs on the Ambo. How are you going to carry the 2 bikes on the teardrop???

TOI

Web Adventurer
we used to have an old trail 90 as a farm beater bike, and i kinda feel like digging it out of the barn its in now

robert

Expedition Leader
Great find!

Kind of- the Trail had a slightly lower gear ration than the X model but all but one year (1980) had a dual range transmission with a reduction box.

I'm still looking for a clean late model myself; for some reason I love those old bikes and smaller bikes in general. You can also swap a larger Lifan engine into them with a little work.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Next a Ural with a sidecar?

hehehehe maybe, you just never know.

Great find!

I know the T200's came with a swap out sprocket instead of a low range switchable on the fly gearset. Kind of a pain, you had to take a link out and move the chain over.

Brilliant find. With the extra fuel tank and all. I agree bring it to the rendezvous so I can see how to put mine together. I picked one up to go with the TW200 as pit/camp pigs on the Ambo. How are you going to carry the 2 bikes on the teardrop???

We'll probably just have a separate trailer for 2 wheel adventures.

TACODOC

Very cool, bring it out to the Rendezvous!

We'll see man. That's my birthday weekend and i think we're going to spend it on a Out-of-State adventure instead. But looks like a great showing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior