ExPo 80 Series Registry

Jorgei

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1994, LC, Beige
2. Name of owner/screen name: Jorge/Jorgei
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? About a month, although I have been wanting a LC for quite some time
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 177k, about 200 miles more
5. Your favorite mods... If any: It's 100% stock, love the cloth interior and basic layout
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Future adventure vehicle and just plain great to drive around
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): Only have a couple when I handed over the money
8. Link to your build thread: None yet

image sharing

host image online

1997 FZJ80 40th in antique sage (beige), factory locked
Hammerhead Fistpunch
First Land cruiser, bought it last year
bought at 219,000, now at 243,000
Not too heavily modified; CDL + 7th pin, 50 mm TJM progressive lift, 4.56 nitro gears, 285/75r16 duratracs, additional painless circuit with 12v in the back, 7 pin trailer install, rocky-road sliders
The cruiser is my DD and adventure machine, mostly desert stuff.
here are a few of my favorite pics

cruiser+candlestick.jpg

IMG_5052.JPG

P1190656.JPG

No build thread.
8. Link to your build thread:

FraserTLC

1992 80 Series - Custom PopTop (self build). Diesel, RHD, surfing/testing in Baja/Mex

1. Year, model, color, etc:
1992, HDJ81, VX, Met Beige. Microsuede/cloth interior.

2. Name of owner/screen name:
FraserTLC

3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first?
5 years. Yes - first one.

4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage:
112k miles when I bought it.....pushing 140k now.

5. Your favorite mods:
Pop Top.

6. How your 80 is used:
Adventure rig - 3months from Vic BC to Mex/Central america....however far I get.

7. 3 favorite photos:
IMG_1280.jpgIMG_1841.jpg

8. Link to your build thread (this is my blog....I haven't done my build thread yet, although there's a few pics on IH8MUD:

http://www.deltakrow.wordpress.com

PCGuy

Observer
Baja Bus Redux

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1994 FZJ80 Maroon
2. Name of owner/screen name: PCGuy
3. How long have you owned your 80 series? Is this your first? First offroad vehicle. Bought from krazytoy in October 2013
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 182K, 190K now
5. Your favorite mods... If any: PO did all the hard stuff (see build thread). I'm adding goodies
6. How your 80 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: remote fishing and camping
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): as soon as I figure out how...
krazytoy's build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/83671-The-Baja-Bus-1994-FZJ80-Build?highlight=krazytoy
Mine is coming soon

FraserTLC

Thanks guys. I've been exploring in southern mexico and haven't had much connectivity. I'll post more pics shortly....
Thanks for the comments. Rig, roof and mods holding up well to the punishment of daily washboards, dirt tracks, river beds and coastal paths. Baja was a real test, and all went well. Fixed lots of rattles! More to follow...
Fraser

Torq

Observer
1. 1996 FZJ80
2. Torq
3. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. First Cruiser, second off road rig. I hope to outfit this one a little more for expedition.
4. 170k, 7k on the engine and transmission
5. So far, I haven't made any mods personally (except those needed to get it to pass VA state safety inspection), but my favorite is the 4bt diesel swap
6. Just a DD and a camping trip so far, but once I have it at 100% (I'd say it's at 90% right now), I'm taking it to Utah.

No build thread yet - I lucked out and found one with a lot of the work already done. I plan to add drawers, RTT and awning at minimum. Here are some pics I took during the pick-up.

DSC03883.jpg
DSC03891_red.jpg
Cummins-4bt.JPG

4runnerteq

Explorer
1. 1996 FZJ80
2. Torq
3. Just bought it a couple weeks ago. First Cruiser, second off road rig. I hope to outfit this one a little more for expedition.
4. 170k, 7k on the engine and transmission
5. So far, I haven't made any mods personally (except those needed to get it to pass VA state safety inspection), but my favorite is the 4bt diesel swap
6. Just a DD and a camping trip so far, but once I have it at 100% (I'd say it's at 90% right now), I'm taking it to Utah.

No build thread yet - I lucked out and found one with a lot of the work already done. I plan to add drawers, RTT and awning at minimum. Here are some pics I took during the pick-up.

View attachment 233981
View attachment 233982
View attachment 233983

Hey cool. We serviced that rig at the dealer I work for. Im the service manager. Doc takes good care of his stuff. You got a nice truck. Guess you got to see his right hand drive diesel Defender?

All-Terrain

No Road Required
1997 FZJ80 40th in antique sage (beige), factory locked
Hammerhead Fistpunch
First Land cruiser, bought it last year
bought at 219,000, now at 243,000
Not too heavily modified; CDL + 7th pin, 50 mm TJM progressive lift, 4.56 nitro gears, 285/75r16 duratracs, additional painless circuit with 12v in the back, 7 pin trailer install, rocky-road sliders
The cruiser is my DD and adventure machine, mostly desert stuff.
here are a few of my favorite pics

cruiser+candlestick.jpg

No build thread.

Awesome 80 - I love it!

We need a Build Thread, stat!!

Torq

Observer
Hey cool. We serviced that rig at the dealer I work for. Im the service manager. Doc takes good care of his stuff. You got a nice truck. Guess you got to see his right hand drive diesel Defender?

Oh yes. He was a great guy to do business with. While I love Defenders (did a diesel swap and a Utah expedition in my dad's D90), I'm not sure whether his D110 or 40 series impressed me more.

Now that you told me you've serviced the vehicle, I'm tempted to PM you with a few questions...

lightfighter

1. 97 'collector', whitish, locked, 285's
2. Brian/lightfighter
3. First LC, June 2014
4. 184000/185500
5. Your favorite mods... Working on tire carrier
6. How your 80 is used... family adventure, mild trail riding...working towards camping as the 2yo ages.
7. Your 3 favorite photos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste