Keen Shoes

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
One thing I've learned as a Keen dealer - people who love them don't care if they blow up. Just last week a customer came in and said how much he loves his Keens. He gets a new pair every few months. When I said, "wow, you must have a lot of Keens by now." He just looked at me and said, "no, I just go through them that fast."

To me...that is insane. If the best set of tires you ever owned lasted 5,000 miles would you continually buy more? I don't get it.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Funny... I've got 3 pair of sandals, a pair of slip-ons, a pair of pull-on boots, and some lace-ups. Age of some of those shoes must be between 7 to 4 years and they've worn great.

Now judge his experience and my "50,000 mile" experience... that should make your brain hurt.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I only have one lace up pair had them for about 3-4 years maybe ? so far holding but I rarely use them and only get the sandal type and leave them as loose as they can be ? so might be one reason mine seem to last ! the insoles wear out though and getting insoles to fit the wide toe box is tough !

I did buy a pair of OluKai that are comfy got them on sale a new fav for comfort for me ! hope they hold up

never wear socks with them and someone told me thats what wears out insoles ? anyone know if thats true ?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Keen stands behind their warranty; they handled it promptly and efficiently through their on-line return system. I'm now in receipt of my replacement boots 3 weeks later. Thanks KEEN!

Hmmm, that hasn't been my experience, I submitted a claim 3 weeks ago and haven't even heard back from them, other than the automated "claim received" reply.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Whups, got home and there is an email from Keen, and a voucher for a new pair...maybe they are watching this thread?

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I've had five pairs. The first two were the same kind and the toe area detached. I wasn't aware I could warranty them with Keen. The third pair are a casual canvas type. Fourth is a black somewhat dressy shoe which doesn't get much use. The fifth is a low cut hiking shoe which so far has served me very well. My girlfriend has a mid-high type of the same style and she likes them too. I like the open toe boxes and I don't think I have wide feet.

I do understand the analogy of low mileage tire. Still like Keens.

Honu

lost on the mainland
wonder if I can warranty the insoles :) that is the part I hate they wear out way to quick !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles