theICEdevice

sandalscout

Adventurer
Hi everyone,

I hope no one is upset by my post here; if there is a problem with where/how I posted this, please feel free to move/remove this post or contact with my any issues.

I just wanted to post up about a new motorcycle and outdoors device that a friend of mine has been developing and is finally shipping. You can see more of this on the website, www.theICEdevice.com but essentially, it's a small waterproof capsule that can be attached you your gear, your bike, luggage, etc, and will contain a ICE (In Case of Emergency) information sheet.

As Randy explains:

"After witnessing a crash directly in front of me last year on a group ride out of state, I realized the need that all adventure seekers (motorcycle or not) have to keep their emergency contact information readily available. I knew the first name and the state of origin of the rider who crashed in front of me, nothing more. He was 800+ miles from home and basically, unknown. Fortunately, he was conscious and not more severely hurt that a few busted ribs & collar bone. 30+ people riding a sport touring event, 2 went down within 5 miles of each other in different states and we knew so little about each other besides campfire talk. There had to be a way to keep emergency info closer at hand, in several locations and not be cost prohibitive. At less than $3 each, that's less than a gallon of go juice - what's a piece of mind worth to you and your family?

I've solved most of these problems with my product which is licensed through the ICE4SAFETY campaign, which provides training, information, software and products for the ICE program. My data carriers are easily updated at any time, waterproof, lightweight, have no batteries nor memory worries and they are crush proof. The concept is simple - keep at least 2 or more on you at all times and let your riding buddies know about the program. If you go down and get hurt, your family can be contacted immediately and your most recent medical information will be available to first responders. Most other data carriers require batteries, passwords or can not be updated without purchasing a whole new product. It's simple, inexpensive and durable. Wear them as zipper pulls and put them on your key rings, tank bags, boots and more. Redundancy - providing multiple copies ensures at least one should be found in a time of need."

It's a great, cheap, and easy safeguard that could help in savings lives. He sells the devices at $10 for 5 capsules, ten sheets, and 1 ICE helmet sticker. The ICE sticker is apparently being adapted by emergency responders throughout the country to indicate that they can find emergency medical information on your person. I snagged 5 for less than $16 shipped (from 2 counties away, haha) and will have 1 on the bike and two on my moto-gear. They apparently make good zipper pulls also!

Again, sorry if this is perceived as spam or the like, just trying to help a friend and get the news out about a new, solid product that fills a great niche that is otherwise a bit expensive. Randy is a personal friend of mine and great riding buddy.

Great idea and I would use it as a zipper pull. I have an ICE packet that attaches to the helmet and your post reminds me I need to fill out the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke