The Spend What it Takes Bikepacker

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks. I could probably go a bit heavier to add durability. Need a rain cover to live in the pack for the rare summer or winter storm that can come suddenly here in the southwest. Most of the time I'll simply plan around weather.

A

agavelvr

Pretty sure it's a cog with more teeth. As I recall, the eccentric BB would accommodate enough adjustment to permit the use of two different sized cogs. I do agree, it's a little gimmicky, but still. Ain't she perdy?

http://www.englishcycles.com/custombikes/black-rainbow-divide-ride/

Internally geared rear hub. The front wheel is set up that way in case the rear internally geared hub fails somehow and get you home as a single speed by swapping wheels. I'm not familiar with that hub and how it could fail. Neat idea though.

Big mike

Adventurer
Gotta say , after 7 years in nfl 4 at auburn and 4 at roseville high playing football .
My knees are toast but I still get around . That being said hiking requires trekking poles black diamonds . And biking is on road nothing to tough.
But I do wheel and have an expedition trailer that takes me where I want to get.
And I see you "crazy nuts " flying up and down hiking trails and some pretty nasty wheeling spots !
I always thought I was tough , but you trekking bicycle enthusiasts ROCK !!!
Wish I could !!!
Just thought I would share my thoughts . Your my new heros , when I see you I always stop and watch with amazement !
Be well
Big mike

A

agavelvr

http://www.englishcycles.com/custombikes/black-rainbow-divide-ride/

Internally geared rear hub. The front wheel is set up that way in case the rear internally geared hub fails somehow and get you home as a single speed by swapping wheels. I'm not familiar with that hub and how it could fail. Neat idea though.

check that article out, that bike even breaks down to ship w/removable rear chainstays, etc. Purpose built for traveling from the UK to the US. Nice stuff.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I could probably go a bit heavier to add durability. Need a rain cover to live in the pack for the rare summer or winter storm that can come suddenly here in the southwest. Most of the time I'll simply plan around weather.
In that capacity, the Hypersmock 2 is great. Given that it sees the inside of my pack more than a good rain storm, I like that it is as light as it it.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
check that article out, that bike even breaks down to ship w/removable rear chainstays, etc. Purpose built for traveling from the UK to the US. Nice stuff.

Rob English is a bike building genius. Not all of his bikes hit the mark or maybe even ride very well, but he pushes the design envelope more than anyone. That Divide bike is sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles