Where can I get "Pixie Size" gloves for my grand daughter

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK so she has been running about in the sidecar for a while but I took her for a short run on the 1100GS last weekend. But even though I have a great, well fitted helmet for her I have been unable to buy her a set of gloves. The smallest ones from Cycle Gear are way too big.

Yes I have used her small winter type gloves but I am trying to set her up with a "motorcycling kit" to instill the instinct that when going on a motorcycle you always wear your ATGATT.

Any thoughts/experience.

Oh by the way. She just turned 5 (the magic number mum would let me take her on a solo bike)

Errant

Explorer
Have you checked a motocross store? My sons were both riding dirt bikes at 4-5 years old and I was able to buy gloves from any of the common companies to fit (O'Neal, Fox, Ocelot, Answer, etc.). In fact, I just found a teeny tiny pair in the garage the other day. I forgot how little my guys used to be!

robert

Expedition Leader
I know Motorcycle Superstore and Bike bandit carry children's sized gear including some stuff just for girls. You may have to get motocross gloves if she's got really small hands but they're still better than nothing.

Cody1771

Explorer
yeah i would 2nd the motorcross gloves, there are plenty of small kids racing on 50's but i dont think most companies see the need for small children sized street gloves

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the tips guys. I did get the smallest (pink) motorcross gloves Cycle Gear had but they are still too big. Looks like it will try a couple of the online guys and get their smallest. At least she will have plenty of gloves in a couple of years.

robert

Expedition Leader
Just an idea, but have you looked for kid's gardening gloves? I know they make small sizes so kids can help out; with some luck you may be able to find a leather pair instead of the cotton ones.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
OK guys. I managed to find a set at the local Cycle Gear that are only 3/4 inch too long on the fingers. But most importantly they stay on if she tries to pull them off without undoing the velcro. (So I figure they will not just fall off like the others). The other great feature (apparently) is that they are pink.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94