Tundra XSP? Opinions wanted--pics

huntsonora

Explorer
Kind of an odd question but has anybody ever heard of a Tundra XSP edition? It appears to be a package that was only available in the Southeast US and I dont know a thing about it. The rims and tires are horrible IMO but I bet they would sell to somebody that likes that kind of stuff.

My friend has this for sale, it was his fathers truck and his father passed away this past year. My wife ran into him yesterday and mentioned that with are first child due in 6 weeks we were looking for a "family" vehicle and he mentioned this truck to her. Its still in Georgia right now as thats where his father lived but he is wanting to sell it

He said that the truck has 52,000 miles on it and that he would "work with me on price". He said he was thinking about asking $18,500 but that he was going to have to ship it up here to Colorado and was planning on putting new tires on the truck. I have an airlines ticket that I need to use by April and would tell him NOT to put tires on it because I would put AT's on it anyway and see what kind of price we could come up with if I went down and drove it back

Any thoughts? Good deal? I would do a Bilstein lift and AAL anyway so I'm not that worried about how it looks right now

Here are a few pictures...

phototundra1.jpg

phototundra2.jpg

phototundra3.jpg

phototundra4.jpg

phototundra5.jpg

phototundra6.jpg

phototundra7.jpg

phototundra8.jpg

I've been looking at a few different options up here and a new 4Runner TE was at the top of the list but this is a lot of vehicle for a lot less money

Drum

Falkon

Adventurer
I drive an 04. Bought it summer of 2010 for $17.5 with 64k on it, well maintained. I love the truck. I also started looking at Tacomas but lliked the space with 2 kids. The long wheelbase limits it off road, but the lift you mentioned is ideal I think.

-Chris

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
The xsp is the wheels, and the leather/wood trim package. The xsp packages are still available, on current models. You shouldn't have any problems selling the wheels if your decided to change them out.

huntsonora

Explorer
I drive an 04. Bought it summer of 2010 for $17.5 with 64k on it, well maintained. I love the truck. I also started looking at Tacomas but lliked the space with 2 kids. The long wheelbase limits it off road, but the lift you mentioned is ideal I think.

-Chris

Is yours the XSP model?

So this has nothing to do with the suspension? It looked lowered but I think that was because of the rims and tires

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
The Gulf State Dealer Assoc. (or something like that) orders special option groups of these trucks- nice seats, cheap radio, and steel wheels. I actually have steel take-off wheels on my Tundra that likely came off one of these trucks. Mechanically there's nothing special and I wouldn't pay more for one than I would for a Limited. That said....
A low mile GA truck that was probably babied by an old guy? I'd jump on that, if I were in a position to, right now. The WB is longish, but not compared to anything else with a real back seat and 6ft bed.

huntsonora

Explorer
A low mile GA truck that was probably babied by an old guy? I'd jump on that, if I were in a position to, right now.

I hear ya! I'm trying to decide if I like this color dammit. I cannot make up my mind and its not my first choice. I have a hard time envisioning what it will look like with a lift, new wheels and tires. I like the truck and the price is better than what I've been able to find here local in CO.

If I keep this truck a long time I want to like the color. I hate decisions like this

Caoboy

Adventurer
Check the color out in person before you pass on it. It looks interesting. Besides, colors can be changed if you hate it that much, and especially if you sell those wheels/side steps and bed cover you'd probably have almost enough for a color change.

Falkon

Adventurer
Mine is a loaded Limited. When I was looking, I didn't notice any difference betwhen the xsp and mine.

If you look around here, there is A "tundrabird" thread with some good examples of tire/wheel/lift combos.

-Chris

Falkon

Adventurer
Here's mine, no lift, stock suspension. I like the blue. Low mileage and well maintained will be getting harder to come by....

187ef2ba-fba5-c8eb.jpg

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I was looking for some pics, I'll have to add them at home. I say do it. The space of the Tundra will be welcomed with a little one. Also, you can put a topper or pop up camper on the back and make sleeping and camping much more comfortable. I have three kids, and we fit really well. I did the bilstein 5100s just to level it out and it made a huge difference in appearence, and really got the front bumper up closer to where it should be.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
Mine is a loaded Limited. When I was looking, I didn't notice any difference betwhen the xsp and mine.

If you look around here, there is A "tundrabird" thread with some good examples of tire/wheel/lift combos.

-Chris

TundraBirds Go!

That's a nice looking truck, Huntsonora, making me wish for a leather interior! and I like the color.....

huntsonora

Explorer
Thanks for chiming in guys! Y'alls build threads are what have inspired me to look for a 1st Gen DC Tundra

I'll be on shift at the fire station tonight and will search for some tundras with that color that have the leveling kit on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles