Thread: Subaru owners: Let's see your expedition rigs!

Quote Originally Posted by Itsavanman View Post
    I gotta ask how can y'all justify the extreme price tag of the methods?
    I paid $145 ea for mine - how is that extreme? There are alternatives out there, but these were designed specifically for use on Subarus. Also, the 15” allows me to use a 225/70-15 instead of a 215/65-16, which gives me basically 1” more sidewall, only a slight increase in overall OD, deeper tread (on an AT2), and full extreme winter rating. Makes sense to me.

thats fine I suppose, but what exactly do you get? I've been places and done things on my stock rims, and still don't see why I need the extra sidewall.. with the new multi link rear your running out of suspension before you run out of tire..

and a skid plate I made...

thats fine I suppose, but what exactly do you get? I've been places and done things on my stock rims, and still don't see why I need the extra sidewall.. with the new multi link rear your running out of suspension before you run out of tire..

and a skid plate I made...

Not sure what you are getting at, how do you justify what you have done?

All these mods just make a good rig more capable. I put more aggressive tires with a bit more sidewall and it feels more sure-footed. I put oil pan and differential protection on to ensure I didn’t have to replace a ripped off oil pan. The differential skid just looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by perterra View Post
    Not sure what you are getting at, how do you justify what you have done?
    by the price tag of course I approach everything with a value approach, is it worth X dollars to do this? like the skid, I think that cost me about $180 to make with materials etc, and prevents things from poking holes in expensive things.. I don't think I would do the methods, because I really don't see how they can improve the offroad experience that much. I think (at least on mine) the limiting factor is the suspension.. Now if one just wants them because they like the way they look, and that's it, then that's cool too. I just don't see for me the justification, at least from a utility standpoint.. which is why I asked...

Quote Originally Posted by elephant man View Post
    The vehicle travels faster than it knows.
    I would think the systems that relly on the speed readout, will be affected.
    Although the difference is small, it is enough to make the difference between airbag deployment and not.
    Is there a way or a device that allows the adjustment of that parameter?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Airbags have nothing to do with the ABS and speed of the vehicle, it's a mechanical check ball inside a sensor that sets off the airbags.
    03 Silverado Z71 - D60/Sterling/5.3/241C/40s/Shortened frame/tube bed http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lid-axle-build
    Instagram @damnbluechevy @mccustomize

by the price tag of course I approach everything with a value approach, is it worth X dollars to do this? like the skid, I think that cost me about $180 to make with materials etc, and prevents things from poking holes in expensive things.. I don't think I would do the methods, because I really don't see how they can improve the offroad experience that much. I think (at least on mine) the limiting factor is the suspension.. Now if one just wants them because they like the way they look, and that's it, then that's cool too. I just don't see for me the justification, at least from a utility standpoint.. which is why I asked...

Money and expense is entirely subjective. Depends on what you make per hour as to whether it is a value or not. Someone making $300k a year will look at $250 spent differently than someone making $40k a year. I enjoy making things, but sometimes it pays to hire someone to do it and I just work my job. Nothing wrong with either way, but asking someone to justify their purchase, makes no sense

Paying for Methods and KO2's on my Subaru vs. the Trail Ready beadlocks and 40's on my Jeep....I just laughed and swiped the card. I love how cheap 15" wheels are.

Quote Originally Posted by perterra View Post
    Money and expense is entirely subjective. Depends on what you make per hour as to whether it is a value or not. Someone making $300k a year will look at $250 spent differently than someone making $40k a year. I enjoy making things, but sometimes it pays to hire someone to do it and I just work my job. Nothing wrong with either way, but asking someone to justify their purchase, makes no sense
    Amen

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123