Anyone from Wisconsin / Midwest going?

dropframe

My Wife and I are planning out how we can make the trip. I probably will not be able to commit to anything until towards the end of summer because off my job. We where just wondering if anyone with a family was considering going from the area - we would like to take the trip with a few others if possible.

yellocoyote

Adventurer
I'll be spending the better part of the year in Alaska this year, but we are still entertaining the idea of going on this rally. We couldn't even begin to be certain about it until I get home... late-September or October.

Oh, and we're in the Chicago area. Would be willing to convoy. :)

thefallguy

I am seriously considering it, I too need to hold off on registering until I get some things at work straightened out. I would probably be 4 of us going: my mechanic/old friend, his fiance, my best friend (he can turn a wrench but is basically worthless but up for anything), and myself-a locomotive mechanic with lots of travel experience in an out of Mexico.

We would be taking 2 cars, my 2002 Montero Sport and a the mechanic's 2003 Toyota 4runner. In my experience neither will stand out in a crowd down there.

I'll have the vacation time for sure, it's just a matter of if my boss will let take off or not. I'd be interested in adding more people to our group.

RusherRacing

Adventurer
I was hoping to go but I spoke with my wife about it and she likes the idea but with her new Job getting time off that close to christmas isn't going to happen.

ihatemybike

Explorer
Oh, and we're in the Chicago area. Would be willing to convoy. :)
Other half checking in. This is one of my goals for the year, but I'll already be over my allotted vacation time for the year.

Mentioned the Maya Rally on FB and my father seems to be inspired too.

Leviathan

Observer
I'm in southern Indiana and I think this would be awesome, but the stars will have to align perfectly (Mayan pun intended) for me to come. I will definitely let you know if/when I work it out.

Wandr

Observer
My family was planning on a trip down there in January. I think this will be a good starting off point. I'm in the Metro Detroit area. I think it would be great to Caravan Down.

EricM

Standard American Mutt
We are talking about it. We are ins central Illinois. The plan would be to spend Christmas in Mexico.

Nothing firm, but I will check back here periodically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94