EarthRoamer XV-HD is Announced

haven

Expedition Leader
Bill Swails provided the photo I added to post #1 in this thread. It's a photoshop combination of two real photos. Bill adjusted it once based on feedback like the above. He says the photo accurately represents the size difference. If Bill now has a more accurate photo, he's welcome to post it.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Ok I will try and ask a fair question that wont cause too much animosity here. First off I would like to say that I am very impressed by Earthroamer and GXV's products. If I had that kind of disposable income I would certainly own one. However my question does come down to cost. The XV-HD hits the $600-800k range according to one of the above posts. I know how much a 4x4 F-650 costs new as I have priced them from local commercial truck lots. My question is this: Where on earth is the other half million dollars going? Really the profit margins on these must be staggering. The Shachagra build is a prime example as he posted what he has into his AMAZING rig and it is nowhere close to the ER or GXV. Not trying to start a war, just very curious.

dzzz

Where on earth is the other half million dollars going? Really the profit margins on these must be staggering.

Perhaps you're not aware that ER went bankrupt not to long ago. Many businesses can look easy from the outside. But consistently making money in any recreational vehicle business is rare. There must be decent profits in the good times to have any chance of surviving the lean years.
GXV has always looked solid. Now it seems that Earthroamer has the right business structure to stay healthy.
Both have a great rep., and the competition guarantees that neither can just "wing it" with pricing. Anyway, for an american both are now a better price than unicat.

Awesome...but 13'6"...ouch.

Yes, very limiting anywhere with trees. But there must be interest or they wouldn't build it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles