New Sportsmobile

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I only notice that color on Sportsmobiles, it's perfect for them, especially with the black rims. It really looks good.

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Think you have one of a kind until you buy it.....

Isn't that the way it goes....you think you've got something really unique until you buy it and then your amazed how many have pretty much the same!

Fred
Explorer 1

jeff@work

Adventurer
Congrats on the new purchase, awesome sportsmobiles :bowdown:

and uhh... so where do you guys park at night and how tough is it to get those bumpers off? :p

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Parking and Bumpers

Mine stays in my enclosed backyard, I've got to build a covering for it as the sun is so hard on paint and the interior. As for the bumpers, at least mine are aluminum ( I assume most SMB are the same) so that cuts down on some of the weight. Still I think it would take two or three guys to lower them. I did find out the unladen weight of this beast was 9000 lbs,, hence the addition of the winch!

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Topher Walters

Adventurer
I have acouple of fenced arces in the back yard to park the van and I am also working on a enclosed garage to keep the rain/sun off. One thing I have noticed while driving through the Bay Area to new areas away from the cities alot of people like to check out the van. I'm sure that is the case with many of the modified vehicles on this board but I have had two close calls with drivers checking out the van and not watching the road.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Get used to it, the questions will never stop.

Is that a Pathfinder?

Did it come from Ford like that?

How'd ya get a diesel in it?

What frame is it? (yes, I've been asked that)

Is it a Quigley?

What kind of mileage do you get?

The best for me is when I get the looks of total disgust..... I love that!!!!

Topher Walters

Adventurer
The classic was a couple with the man driving and looking over his shoulder at the van and his wife wacking him with a magazine while he swerved around on the road. She must have been saying "don't you even think about it" or "you've got to be kidding." They nearly smacked into the car next to them.

cobblecrazy

Adventurer
Before we picked up our Sportsmobile, I would see other Sportsmobiles driving down the road and I would feel compelled to get close to the van to look at the options they picked out. The first couple times my wife was enthusiastic, but, after a while, I would get the roll of the eyes when I would start rambling on....

Now I see couples walking through the parking lot looking at the van, and I can see the dreaming in their eyes (well, mostly the guys).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles