2005 Provan Tiger GT Motorhome $22,000

suntinez

Explorer
*** SOLD ***

I wrote this ad for listing on RV sites – many of you know what these Tigers are about, so pardon stating the obvious.

I love Toni-the-Tiger and I use it, many of you have met us - so why am I selling it? I picked up another Tiger recently and when mhiscox starts complimenting you on the extent of your signature line, well … things gotta change. :D

The 2005 Tiger GT by Provan is a unique, full-featured motorhome on a Chevy Astrovan chassis. Easy to drive and maneuver. Compact - 16 ft. long - fits in city parking spaces. 4.3L 190HP V6 Vortex engine with fuel injection.

I bought this unit with 6500 miles on it from the original owner's family in 2008, it now has ~59,000 miles. According to Dave Rowe, founder of Provan, it is the last GT the company ever made (OPIM 1019). It is RWD. If that concerns you, it shouldn't - it has spent a lot of time off pavement and performed flawlessly.

I have driven this Tiger to Mexico and Canada, and all across the US. I wouldn't hesitate to leave in it tomorrow, it runs perfect.

UPmud.jpg

Photo in da yoop by TJDIV at upoverland.org

TigerinSonorandesert.jpg

Photo in Sonoran Desert by Dave Druck at adventureduo.com

exteriorupbaja.jpg

In Baja this January

The floorplan has an L-shaped seating/dining area and excellent visibility for lounging, Provan really nailed the layout on these units. The roof raises to full standing height, and pops up/down via bifold doors. When down (and vent cover removed) it fits in a standard garage, the low profile enables an average of 15-16 mpg, 18-19 at highway speeds (65). The 4.3L engine delivers tons of power, you won't be driving the slow lane in this Tiger.

Convenience features: Two burner gas stove with cover, microwave, double sink,3-way refrigerator, coach air conditioner, fantastic fan, space heater, hot water heater, 22 gal freshwater tank, 7 gal black and 17 gal grey holding tanks, Onan Microlite 2800 generator, and more. Two beds (the couch converts) – they are 60"x76" and 46"x72".

interiorfront.jpg

interior-rear.jpg

Even has a full bath:
interior-bathroom.jpg

GOOD:

I installed Firestone ride-rite airbags and coilover shocks in the rear right after getting it. New shocks up front shortly after.

rearsuspension2010.jpg

New Sears Platinum AGM Group 34M coach battery in late 2011.

Replaced the outside light with an LED motion sensor light. (thanks Josh/Heidi!)

Added Eclipse sunshades to the front windshield.

Added a 5 gal Wedco gas can on the rear bumper for a recent Baja trip. Fills the gas tank using a super-siphon hose without removing the can
exteriorrear.jpg

Added lift struts to the outside, makes lifting the lid effortless.

I replaced the stock 3” foam to the top bunk with some higher quality 85-50 4” foam. It does not fit in the matching cover now, but I still have that and it will go with Tiger when sold.

New fuel pump at 20K miles, I had a problem with the generator fuel feed line early on and while the gas tank was dropped, replaced it with an AC/Delco unit.

New 225/70/16 tires (Sailun Terramax HT) with less than 1000 miles on them. Spare is also new (BFG AT KO), but about a year old.

Recaulked the entire lid Jan 2012, no leaks or water damage anywhere.

Replaced the oversize captain's chairs with stock astro seats – a huge improvement in comfort. Passenger seat swivels to face rear, manual lumbar support for the driver side.
interiorcab.jpg

BAD:
I disconnected the freshwater feed line to the toilet after it froze a couple years ago, so toilet fills are done from the showerhead which is right next to it. It was virtually impossible to fix without removing the shower pan and all that entails. I debated long and hard on this, but decided it didn't get used enough to justify the complexity of the fix. I did insulate all the other pipes under there while I was at it.

A couple minor body dings from low speed encounters with picnic tables and such.

More pics here.

Last edited:

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Wonder how I got it in my head that you were going to make sure the new/old one worked before selling the old/new one? ;)

Linda's adventures with Toni seem to me to be exceptional examples of how overlanding should work. This is a great rig, and for someone looking to enjoy the journey (like Linda) as opposed to dorking around with the equipment (like me), it'd be tough to beat.

Good luck with the sale.

ExpoMike

I have seen/been in this Tiger many times and it's a nice setup.

Good luck with your sale!!! Where are the pics of the new one. :)

suntinez

Explorer
Thanks esmi, was good meeting you and your new-to-you Tiger too. Can't wait to see what you do to the place :sombrero:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
We've camped with Linda and her Tiger too many times to count. It's the perfect 2 person get away mobile. It's never been a burden on any of our adventures as long as you know where and what to drive through. With the 2wd it basically goes 90% of the places with just enough clearance and all-terrain tires. If Yosh and i had more expendable funds we'd be all over it. Yosh has actually wanted a Tiger for a long time. Being the last year they made them to makes it even better.

Good luck with the sale Linda!

suntinez

Explorer
Bummer you ended up missing the DR, waiting on a non-buyer. :(

Don't I know it! A non-buyer who sent a deposit and had a plane ticket :/ It's springtime, and I'm so ready to hit the road.

Ah well, someone will get a really nice Tiger - eventually!

poriggity

Explorer
I've personally gotten a tour of this Tiger from Linda, as well as a nice ice cold Hangar 24 Orange Wheat from her.. :) This is a great deal for this rig! If I had the $$ and the space to park it, I'd be all over it! :D GLWS Linda!

SoCal_80

Explorer
Bump for a great rig and a very nice and honest seller! Linda if you throw Pepper into the deal I will pick it up tonight! :)

suntinez

Explorer
Ha! I'll ask her ...

I'm sure you two would do really well in the play, treats and smoked meat categories. But additional equipment and training will be involved to actually drive her anyhwere :elkgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles