Which propane camping fire

dravenone

WanderinWhitlows, would you mind posting your thoughts on the Quikfire after you've tried it? I'm considering one myself and am curious to know how it does in providing warmth. I like that it's compact and made in the USA.

gsdog2

Observer
I've used the Quikfire a few times. Love it. Large adjustable flame, good heat, lasted over 9 hours so far on a 20lb tank. Still a little propane left. No messing around with the fake logs or rocks. I even place it inside my Snow Peak fire pit sometimes. One thing Ive noticed and read about propane pits is when real cold out the flame can subside somewhat. Placing a hand warmer over the regulator helps with this. Definitely get the carry case, I think you get a combo deal still.

gsdog2

Observer
I have the large size. Hard to find here anymore. I got it from campsaver.com. I got the grill bridge and grate from drifta.com

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0021.jpg

kramme

Observer
Thanks for sharing - I like that idea, it it fits my small Snow Peak fireplace that is enough to get me to buy one. I like the double use.

WanderinWhitlows, would you mind posting your thoughts on the Quikfire after you've tried it? I'm considering one myself and am curious to know how it does in providing warmth. I like that it's compact and made in the USA.

Will do, we just bought a new camper trailer to tug along with us that has LPG cook surfaces and it only seemed fitting to use some of the additional storage space for a nice little luxury item like this.

I've used the Quikfire a few times. Love it. Large adjustable flame, good heat, lasted over 9 hours so far on a 20lb tank. Still a little propane left. No messing around with the fake logs or rocks. I even place it inside my Snow Peak fire pit sometimes. One thing Ive noticed and read about propane pits is when real cold out the flame can subside somewhat. Placing a hand warmer over the regulator helps with this. Definitely get the carry case, I think you get a combo deal still.

We have a medium Snow Peak Pack and Carry fireplace and I'll see how it fits in it. Thanks for the suggestion and the tip about the hand warmer.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Thanks for sharing - I like that idea, it it fits my small Snow Peak fireplace that is enough to get me to buy one. I like the double use.

We have a medium Snow Peak Pack and Carry fireplace and I'll see how it fits in it. Thanks for the suggestion and the tip about the hand warmer.

@kramme : Can you snap a photo of using the quikfire with the small Snow Peak? How does it fit?

Same question for the @WanderinWhitlows - can you snap a photo of the medium Snow Peak with the quikfire?

We are evaluating our options now for the upcoming camping season.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer

@kramme : Can you snap a photo of using the quikfire with the small Snow Peak? How does it fit?

Same question for the @WanderinWhitlows - can you snap a photo of the medium Snow Peak with the quikfire?

kramme

Observer

I do not have a quickfire yet to try out with my snowpeak - however I would also love to see how it fits in a Med (if there is room to spare I may get a quikfire). I love the potential dual use.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer

If anyone is interested, we used the Large SnowPeak with the Quickfire. It set in nicely. No photos of it running (like an idiot), but we can set it up if anyone is interested. The quickfire is a nice unit, but it is prone to being blown out by the wind when used on the lower gas feed rates. It needs some glass beads or fake lava rocks. Can throw a huge flame that is very bright...much brighter than any of our neighbors at the expo. Not sure it would fit that well with a medium Snow Peak fire pit. We are very happy with it. Had a fire running for four nights and 2-3 mornings for a couple of hours each time on a single 20# tank. Felt like there is plenty of life left in the tank (did not weigh it).

FJRanger

I like getting lost...
Curious as well, we have the large SP and the quickfire.

vtsoundman, have you had the opportunity to have it running with the rocks or glass yet? How much more heat did it have? How/where did you run the hose for the quickfire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online