Van Magazine Coverage

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
My van is being featured in the Oct issue of Peterson's 4Wheel & Off Road, so if you guys don't subscribe, here it is!!

l_ffa845fee7d2124ebe469c6cb1d63725.jpg

l_50ae6d24d915393fd146aeec7ed3fcc2.jpg

l_5cd2d76b5893b8ef24acd756ec796f5f.jpg

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
Congrats on the feature! That is a very cool van. Can you tell me how it compares on the trail to other vehicles you have had in the past? What sort of mileage do you get? Is it comfortable? Fits on the trails? Capable and reliable? Sorry about all of the questions, I am sort of a novice when it comes to vans. :)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Dirty Harry said:
Congrats on the feature! That is a very cool van. Can you tell me how it compares on the trail to other vehicles you have had in the past? What sort of mileage do you get? Is it comfortable? Fits on the trails? Capable and reliable? Sorry about all of the questions, I am sort of a novice when it comes to vans. :)

Thanks!!
My last 4x4 was a van as well, and it wheeled a little better because of a few things. It was lighter, had no sway bar or airbags, and had a gas engine. And it was a little beat up, so I didn't really care to hammer it.------------ This van wheels fine, even though it's about 8000lbs. I do have to be careful on certain trails to keep from scratching it, but it's gonna happen, and has. I did Mojave rd with a bunch of Jeeps, and the van handled it fine, and those guys were haulin a**. Of course there are trails & areas that the van just should not go, so I don't put it on it's lid. The mileage is about 10-13 mpg, and it's plenty comfortable & reliable.

Dirty Harry

Adventurer
ujointclothing said:
This van wheels fine, even though it's about 8000lbs.

:smileeek: Wow, I had no idea it would weight that much. Congrats again on the feature and thanks for the info. :beer:

G35Vortec454

Adventurer
Chris, Congrats!!!

Your van is now a STAR!

What's your van's name? Gotta give it a name . . .

Anyway, though not as refined as yours, my RV wants to follow yours' footsteps (I'm working on it :)

" . . The mileage is about 10-13 mpg "

that's good to know. Mine does 7.5-9.5 mpg at 10K lbs. loaded.

Last edited:

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
:victory: Congratulations, a well deserved magazine spread! Now if they ever do auditions for an "A" Team Movie, you've got to enter the van for the part! :wings:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks fellas!! I was going to put an A-Team vinyl stripe (vinyl) at one point, but changed my mind. I'm sure that the A-team had something to do with my van obsession. That & The Punisher that is....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior