My new ZJ Expedition Rig

xjman88

Adventurer
So i just got back from camping/exploring for the last 8 days. I put 350 miles on my rig w/o touching the pavement and saw some beautiful country. Will have pics up tomorrow as i need to download them all. My JCR sliders were here waiting for me when i got home. Hope to have em installed this week along w the IRO belly skid. Will put up pics before and after. Please stay tuned.

xjman88

Adventurer
Oh ya. There are several thousand miles of dirt roads and 2 tracks up here in Maine to explore and awesome fishing, camping to boot. I try to get out as much as i can which is why my zj isnt finished. Oh well are they ever? None of mine have been. We might be adding another zj to the stable this week. I will letcha know.

xjman88

Adventurer
So i went and looked at a 1996 ZJ today and came home w it. Its a really clean rig w no body rust. Has a Rubicon Express budget boost w shocks, new Prothane bushings from front to rear, fully loaded/power everything incl drivers seat, 31 ats, alot of recent new parts. Its got the inline 6 and the part time/full time t case along w full skid plate package. Its been completely undercoated. I can fit my 32 in Swamper Tsls w/o rubbing. So needless to say shes goin to be my new expo rig. Its also got the orvis interior. So now i get to change everything over and install my sliders and other armor. I will get pics up hopefully tomorrow. Please stay tuned. And its got 60k miles less than my current rig.

xjman88

Adventurer
I got the tires, roof rack and the rear storage area all swapped over. I added a sub floor in the back as well. I should have pics up tomorrow as i need to load from my computer.[A551.jpgTTACH=CONFIG]108371[/ATTACH]559.jpg558.jpg557.jpg549.jpg

Attachments

• 556.jpg
    556.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

xjman88

Adventurer
Thanks. I made out well w the deal on the jeep. Its a clean jeep w fairly low miles and the start of a great project.

xjman88

Adventurer
I added another shelf to my cargo/storage area along w a softcase that holds 2 20oz water bottles. I also used 2 atv rack gun mounts and modified them to mount to the wall of the cargo area behind the rear seat to store my awning and tent poles. The awning stores in a bag under the poles. It all came out alright. Here are a few pics. Also a few pics of the engine. 021.jpg031.jpg022.jpg023.jpg028.jpg

Last edited:

BlackClassic

If Not Now When?
Hey love the new zj! Neat rig, like the idea of the 4.0 over the 5.2. Both engines are great none the less. Can't wait to see where this one goes! You should swap the bumper from yer silver zj ove to this one.

xjman88

Adventurer
Im hopin to get the bumper on tomorrow. Headin out wheelin Sat mornin and still need to finish installing the sliders. Ill prob be burning the late night oil tomorrow night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles