BAE SD Brazos Chassis now available through GXV

rblackwell

Adventurer
I was at GXV yesterday getting a progress update on my mog and spotted a Brazos sitting next to a mog out back. I was surprised that side by side they are really close in size. When I told Mike I wanted to see it he grabbed the keys and off we went for a ride. 0-60 was really quick on this truck. 60mph on the winding 2 lane was plenty fast. The ride was very rough,but it was just the cab and chassis and standard seats, not the air ride they would get, so the ride would improve with some wt on it and better seats. I was amazed to learn that if you ordered the truck with the CAT engine it comes hardened against an EMP strike. Cool. No need to worry about that massive solar flare or pesky nuclear strike! Mike is taking the Brazos to EXPO next week along with 2 other GXV's. The factory was full of vehicles yesterday and I was like a kid in a candy store. There was a gorgeous Turtle on an extended cab 550(to be delivered to a customer at Expo) and the unfinished body was now sitting on the Pangea (awesome truck that is for sale).
I don't know what it is about Mike and Rene, but when I go there they start showing me cool upgrades and all budget concerns go out the window. The wife picked out the colors for the interior yesterday, I added rails for the top to protect against tree limbs, a back up camera and changed the manual steps to electric. I think I may be driving it by the end of June. The build has gone really quickly. Can't wait

Foxhunter

You also saw this - Nina and Rob's latest travel beast. - but thoughtfully left it to us t publicize. It is currently on the road to Overland Expo.

Like you I thought the grey Turtle was very surprisingly spacious, and the Brazos an impressive piece of equipment.

IMG_0037.jpg

foxhunter

Adventurer
I did leave it to you to publicize and I didn't get a chance to really tell you how beautiful it is. That yellow turned out to be a fantastic color. Tastefully done and the interior is beautiful as well. One look at the bars you installed on top of the body , the back up camera , and your electric steps and I had to have them as well. Thanks again for letting us check it out.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Looking back at that first picture, I have to ask...

Does BAE recommend all Brazos carry an extra engine?

:coffee:

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hey Humphrey

For those who went to OvEx2012 and saw the Brazos there, what was your opinion?

Cheers,
Humphrey

BIG !!

This is a much bigger vehicle than a Canter or NPS....but still not physically quite as big as an Axxor or MAN.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Last edited:

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
Thanks John. Would you build on them if they came here? Not planning on looking into it, just curious about the eye of a professional.

Cheers,
Mark

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Would you build on them if they came here?

325 hp Cummins, 7 speed Allison and 20" wheels.......Of course we'd look at them but again they are a big vehicle and that's not such a good thing here on Oz bush tracks as you'd know. This chassis could still form the base of an excellent heavy-duty outback tourer though.

roninjiro

Explorer
just an update as I was looking into the titans and contacted them with my needs. It would seem according to the sales manager, that it is limited greatly if you plan on driving outside the country.

via the email

A few comments:

The Truck(s), both the XD6600 and XD4400 are offered with either a CAT C7 Diesel engine and/or a Cummins ISB 2010 Diesel engine. The CAT is generally used for export. Once exported, it cannot return to the US as it does not meet current emissions standards for on-road operation. The Cummins engine is legal for use on US highways and complies with current emissions standards. If you were to export the unit with a Cummins engine, it would necessitate (most likely depending on the country) that you also supply your own low-sulfur fuel and DEF fluid. The Cummins engines will not operate on much of the diesel fuel that is available outside of the US and a few other countries.

We offer both of the attached referenced units with either engine. We have units immediately available at multiple locations in the US (Denver and Houston).

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Thanks, I'll get over there sometime and take a house warming gift, any idea what might be a favorite beverage? :)

I spotted one of thier larger vehicles at a local resturant close to me and took pics, had no idea they were made in Nixa! Now I know!

mattefron

My name is Matt Efron. I work at Worldwide Machinery. We have several unused 4x4 & 6x6 trucks still available. If you're interested, please call me at 281-413-6479.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94