Outdoor Photography Links

ccarm

Adventurer
Jimmy Chin is more than just Outside and North Face.. one the world's best known adventure photographers! Awesome work!

+2.

I have followed everything Jimmy Chin for the last five or so years. He sets the standard for what an adventure photographer should be.

Motojournalism

Observer
Tony Di Zinno's skill is something to aspire to as well. Some really cool adventure racing and mountaineering coverage as well.

There's also a great audio interview with Tony at The Candid Frame

tdz_buzkashi_282_.jpg
13421.jpg

+3 for Jimmy Chin. Awesome guy, solid work.

I'm developing an adventure portfolio - have several more expeditions planned in the coming year. Always on the lookout for a new adventure.

BretEdge

Adventurer
Here's a few of my favorites:

Michael Anderson (I think he's the BEST landscape photographer working today)
Guy Tal
Whit Richardson (Moab area adventure photographer)
Alister Benn
Royce Howland (nobody does landscape HDR better than Royce)
Jesse Speer
f-stop gear (They make the best photo backpacks on the market)
Acratech (Great ballheads for outdoor photographers)
Black Rapid (Comfortable, durable camera straps)

And finally, I hope this is okay, here's my website and blog:

Bret Edge Photography (building a whole new non-Flash website now that will launch in about 3 months)
Bret Edge Photography Blog

If you're ever in Moab, stop my gallery at 137 N. Main St. (The Edge Gallery) and introduce yourself. I try to always keep a couple cold beers in the fridge to share w/ new and old friends who stop to say hi and chat.

Carolyn

no retreat, no surrender
Jimmy Chin is amazing. So is Guy Tal, his story even more-so. I got to know him this past May, we both taught workshops at Bruce Hucko's Moab Photography Symposium (along with Tom Till and others... - always a great time every year).

I'm going to link to Clik Elite - the company that makes backpacks for Adventure Photographers..... top notch stuff. Room for gear. Room for jacket/sunscreen/hat/food..... imagine that! My *go to* pack is the Venture 35. I use the Hiker for longer trips or more gear (aluminum stays to help support the weight). I'm fortunate enough to do r&d for them..... and they are an amazing bunch - based out of St. George, Utah. Check them out. Highly recommended. I was on the eternal *search for the perfect pack* quest forever, until I discovered them.

benchasephoto

Photographer
I'll 2nd the Guy Tal recommendation from Bret, and would like to add that Bret's an awesome fellow photographer and also a real nice guy too.

I'll add QT Luong's TerraGalleria site as well. He has shot all of the National Parks in the U.S. and has some great images.

If shameless self promotion is OK :wings:, then here are my sites:

Ben Chase Photography
Motion/Short Film Work
Here's a few of my favorites:

Michael Anderson (I think he's the BEST landscape photographer working today)
Guy Tal
Whit Richardson (Moab area adventure photographer)
Alister Benn
Royce Howland (nobody does landscape HDR better than Royce)
Jesse Speer
f-stop gear (They make the best photo backpacks on the market)
Acratech (Great ballheads for outdoor photographers)
Black Rapid (Comfortable, durable camera straps)

And finally, I hope this is okay, here's my website and blog:

Bret Edge Photography (building a whole new non-Flash website now that will launch in about 3 months)
Bret Edge Photography Blog

If you're ever in Moab, stop my gallery at 137 N. Main St. (The Edge Gallery) and introduce yourself. I try to always keep a couple cold beers in the fridge to share w/ new and old friends who stop to say hi and chat.

Vulture

Supporting Sponsor
My I suggest our company? We manufacture a camera/equipment retention system that utilizes our "4 Point Riggers Platform." Plus we are made in America from current high grade military materials and components.
For Your Consideration...

Http://www.vultureequipmentworks.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles