Ruger Trailers Denver

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I agree 5' is a might short for capacity but it appears his main concern was to have nearly no rear overhang.

slvyj

Observer
He is advertising in local craigslist for $2900 for basic and $3200 for 35 inch tires. Last month the basic was $2495. If I had the money, I would buy it.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Got to wonder why the builder has never been seen on the (his) thread. Also wondering where one of his trailers might be seen other than driving to Denver. Anyone have one on the western slope?

I looked at his specs but could not find weight. I'm guessing 700-800#.

Ace

Last edited:

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
Just talked to Steve today and hopefully I'll be up there tomorrow to check these out in person. Very interesting option for sure.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
I don't see any brakes in the photo and I feel real strongly they should be on all off-road trailers no matter what the weight. I'd even like to see a hand parking brake. Build quality looks excellent. I'd opt for the upgrade with tongue storage, tailgate and that which was shown in previous shots.

Ace

STREGA

Explorer
I don't see any brakes in the photo and I feel real strongly they should be on all off-road trailers no matter what the weight. I'd even like to see a hand parking brake. Build quality looks excellent. I'd opt for the upgrade with tongue storage, tailgate and that which was shown in previous shots.

Ace

That was my exact thought when I looked at Shanes post a couple days ago, looks like there is mounting tabs on the axle to install brakes maybe its a option from Ruger. A hand parking brake would be a good thing also IMO, the Aussie seem to use them alot on their trailers, can't think of to many American built trailers that have them. The build quality looks good for the $$ although I would not call it overbuilt by any means, probably be good enough for a lot of people needs.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Pretty sure Bob Brown told me a parking brake was available for a Dexter Torq-flex axle so that's at least one that
could be had.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Now that looks pretty kewl-half the price I paid fpr my Tentrax and it looks really modifyable for the tents--etc

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

GSPup

First generation Ruger Trailer

Hey guys ! New to the forum and just found this thread. I have the first generation trailer and have been using it for months now as Steves' test mule. I love it. I've taken the trailer on all types of terrain, some pretty rough trails, hit a tree and dropped it off 4 ft boulders. This thing is over built...as usual pics don't do it justice. I have driven up mountain passes to every trail and feel very comfortable towing it back down without trailer brakes. Any questions let me know, you cant beat the price and quality. I'll post a pic when I figure out how.

:wavey:

Mike

GSPup

a few pics...

Attachments

• image-17503445.jpg
    image-17503445.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2897430338.jpg
    image-2897430338.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 122
  • image-4043149494.jpg