One week to go...

Valkraider

My FWC Raven is waiting for me in Wisconsin.

Install a week from today. Woo Hoo!

--
"Officer, I know I was going faster than 55mph, but I wasn't going to be on the road an hour." -Steven Wright

Posted from my iPhone using the "Tapatalk" app.

Valkraider

So first - Sean Dempsy, the FWC dealer in Eagle, WI is flat out awesome. It was a great experience working with him.

Second, the camper is awesome! I am laying in it right now, somewhere between Chicago and Bloomington Illinois at a campground. Wife an daughter are already asleep.

Last night we camped at Ottawa lake in Wisconsin, not far from Sean's dealership. Today we drove down through Milwaukie, then Chicago, and took a break at the Willis (Sears) tower.

--
"Officer, I know I was going faster than 55mph, but I wasn't going to be on the road an hour." -Steven Wright

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942399.772742.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942399.772742.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 25

Valkraider

I will have more pics up when I get back and consolidate the different cameras. :)

These are just a few I took with my phone. My wife took more...

--

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942923.624079.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942923.624079.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 21
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942951.677969.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333942951.677969.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333943099.177530.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333943099.177530.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 15

So happy for you, that camper is sweet, I am sooooo jealous. Congrats, so how long is the roll over sofa? I assume it's 70 inches. I was hoping to stop by Sean's shop on Tues, but it looks like I will not be able to go until June. Have a fun trip home. Oh, and how long did it take to install?

jv

Valkraider

We got the dinette, and it is shorter than 70 inches. I'll measure when we get home.

--

Valkraider

Install took longer than I expected but we kept chatting with Sean. Over all it should probably take maybe three hours - but we were quite a bit longer as we would talk and waste time, we also had to run back to the hotel in Eagle mid-install (the grumpy hotel lady wouldn't give us a late checkout).

Sean is very thorough, especially with the wiring - which made me happy because I was most nervous about that (it's an easy place to take short cuts which can cripple you later). He did a great job - I am anal retentive and read and research obsessively and he did an install that Put my mind at ease.

--

Valkraider

Another couple pics from middle Illinois:

--

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333978050.891367.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333978050.891367.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333978073.740167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333978073.740167.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 10

So how exactly is the camper wired to the truck? I have often wonder, but have never asked. Did you get the black and gray interior and have you done any suspension upgrades yet?

jv

Valkraider

So how exactly is the camper wired to the truck? I have often wonder, but have never asked. Did you get the black and gray interior and have you done any suspension upgrades yet?

jv

Yes, black & grey interior. I will take pics of that this week.

Sean ran 12 gauge: positive from the fuse block post through a self-resetting breaker, negative to the engine block ground post- then flowing the stock wiring harness along and inside the frame to the front of the bed where he mounted a plug for the camper. A lead was run from there to the license plate lights for the camper LED running lights. Sean did everything ship shape, and incredibly clean and professional.

I put on Roadmaster Active Suspension spring assists. I have them set at 25% capacity increase but I am going to adjust them up Tibet 50% capacity increase - seeing how the camper and all our gear looked and felt over a 3 day test. I will also put on E rated tires, just to increase some stability.

--

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles