Subaru Forester Bumper Build for E.J.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I will weigh it in the morning after the paint dries before I put it on. It should be fairly close to 50-60 pounds with the mounts and hardware. At least thats what it feels like as I was moving it around today. I could be way off. Its definitely the lightest bumper ive ever built though. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, I think it turned out pretty good for never having done one on a Subie before.

~ Stump

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
As promised, here is the weight of this thing. NOTE: this is WITHOUT the mounts and hardware, wich should probably add another 5 or 6 pounds. Id call the whole thing 45 pounds, which is quite a bit lighter than I though it would be. It shouldnt even be noticeable as the skin probably weighed 8-10 pounds, and the plastic bumper behind the skin weighed in at 12 pounds.

IMG_20120405_080842.jpg

Ok... I think it looks pretty ************. :D

IMG_20120405_100941.jpg

IMG_20120405_100959.jpg

IMG_20120405_101009.jpg

IMG_20120405_101050.jpg

E.J.

Explorer
Woot! Can't wait to pick it up, really cant wait to get it dirty!

FWIW the stock stuff that came off (including the oem fogs) should weigh in right at 50#

zolo

Explorer
Damn stump that looks awesome. I like it a lot. really adds to the Foz. Like it was meant to be there.

psykokid

Explorer
Looks great! My only comment is maybe you could put a bend on the leading edge skid plate that sticks out from the bottom of the bumper so it tucks behind the bumper. Looks like a likely place for random crap to snag as it sits.

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Its gonna get bent up and attached to the bottom of the bumper. I dont have a break big enough to bend it since its 1/4", but Josh is going to have it done later. Its definitely a shovel as it is...

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Looks like I exceeded my bandwidth.. I will fix that.

CMiller, road trip to Atlanta!

Thanks guys, ~ Stump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles