Leaving from Alaska to the "End of the World"

Vasir

Village Idiot
Im taking a break from the grind. I used to own a landcruiser that was outfitted with everything short of diff locks for short trips and wheeling adventures. I sold it not too long ago, and im moving back home to CA to check some things out/visit my mom, brother, niecer...the usual stuff to do when going back home.
Ive been wanting to do a trip south for the longest time; all evidence is pointing for now, since im single, and have no job to tie me down.
When i get back home, ill be researching vehicles available to me to go south with. I have an older mercedes, but lets face it. Its not made for such application. Possibly going to buy another 80 series and do some basic modifications, but I also am looking into an older diesel truck, and fit it up with gear and at RTT. Also trying to recruit a friend to do this with me and share the costs, but if i dont, then ill be getting a smaller vehicle. Either way, im doing the maya rally, just have to figure out how.
So i guess what im trying to say is... I have to plan out how far im going, where im going and for how long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles