Livin Lite Truck campers

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Jpeck ,Thanks for all the info on camper ,does yours have the optional bunk bed.I didnt know the fridge doesnt run by 3 way set up thanks for that .Ya im looking in the next year to get one and a truck camper place around here seems very resonable for one.And your getting condisation with not heat in it?The only thing it the width I think is alittle too wide and like you said its tall .But ya i think i would like no fridge and no stove and just sink not sure about the heat either. Do you like the bags i have air shocks in mine and wonder how they would do and what brand air bags you have . And if you dont mine did u pay for yours? Thanks Scott

jepeck

We don't have any heat. During our trip in the northeast last fall, we stayed plenty warm without any extra heat. Other than that we have a warm sleeping bag, etc. I have air lift brand air bags. The weight of the camper pushes the back of the truck down a couple of inches. I think that when we travel in cooler weather we may carry a small electric heater. The space is pretty small and well insulated and it would likely heat things up pretty good, although 110volt would be needed.

The airbags provide a way to level the truck back up, which should improve handling a bit and keep the headlights aimed right. I don't remember exactly how much I paid. They are widely available on the internet. They are a bolt on installation, though for most trucks, so you can save quite a lot on installation if you're so inclined.

The rear sway bar should help keep things level side to side and make the outfit more stable in the wind.

We prefer the cooler over the fridge because we're often in places where there is no electric other than the onboard battery.

Once you get used to the extra height and width, the driving the truck with the camper on is pretty much like driving the truck without it. Compared to a trailer, it's pretty easy to get around in the places we like to go, and can park in normal parking spaces (but not most parking structures).

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier