Full-Size Pick Ups, Builds, Ideas, and Trips.

SGTTOM

New Explorer
Unfortunately due to some financial set backs the RTT and rack have been put off for now along with buy much of anything. I will still be making an effort to explore though and have fun. I may buy a much cheaper fix to my sleeping issue and get a tent cot. Still quick to set up and will be great for the pup. So for now all I can afford is gas to explore and hopefully some more recovery equipment. When things do improve I will be back to Outdoor Logic in Riverside CA, they are a small shop with a lot of big ideas and I think their work looked solid. I saw some cool bumpers and sliders there, and they had some really fun jeep builds going on. So if your in the area look them up.

Mad Machinist

What do you want to know about setting up the '73-'87 Chebbies for expidition use? Mine is done right now for a complete and total rebuild including a Flippac. It isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle out there but it will take a massive beating and is dead reliable.

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
My truck

011-1.jpg

2005 Silverado 1500 W/T: 4.8, Auto, 4X4, 2" procomp leveling keys, 1.5" Zone Off Road body lift, Five (5) 17" Helo 842's wrapped with 285-70-17 Cooper Discoverer AT3's, cammed and tuned, CAI, TBS, Truck Gear Direct brush guard, Range Rider Apex topper with Yakima LP#6 pads and 66" bars with Thule vertical kayak racks for now, custom built center console by yours truly, Kenwood USB/AUX/SAT head unit with kenwood speakers in the doors, Garmin GPS, Midland CB with a 4 foot fire stick for now, there's probably quite a bit more that I am forgetting.

Soon to be mods: Bed line the rockers and a set of OEM flares (have everything to do it, just have been lazy), custom built rear bumper with swinging tire carrier (just waiting until after my road trip to WA state in a couple of weeks), winch, basket up top for carrying extra stuff, custom built bed in the bed of the truck, tint (again, after my road trip), sliders, I have a lot of ideas for the truck that I want to do, and of course seeing a site like this doesn't help so yeah....lol.

Here's the build thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/69768-Vanilla-2005-Chevy-Silverado-1500-build

And for those looking at racks, baskets, all kinds of stuff like that, These guys have a really good selection, are extremely helpful if you have questions and fair prices.

98dango

Expedition Leader
What do you want to know about setting up the '73-'87 Chebbies for expidition use? Mine is done right now for a complete and total rebuild including a Flippac. It isn't the most fuel efficient vehicle out there but it will take a massive beating and is dead reliable.

there the easiest to build thats why i chose mine. Small lift 33+ tires and get to it.

Texan1983

Adventurer
well, heading to moad bright and early tomorrow morning! hitting a few fun trails (undecided) and the white rim. So excited, first time off road with this truck, im sure she with do well. been to moab several time though.

DSC00840.jpg

SGTTOM

New Explorer
well, heading to moad bright and early tomorrow morning! hitting a few fun trails (undecided) and the white rim. So excited, first time off road with this truck, im sure she with do well. been to moab several time though.

DSC00840.jpg

Have fun! Great rig!

SGTTOM

New Explorer
I really can't wait for my budget to expand this summer so I can move forward with my build. Honestly though the more I explore with my truck the way it is(dang near stock), I realize that keeping it simple isn't a bad thing either. I will say that my biggest concern isn't my trucks lack of mods but more so it's size. When I'm on the trail and see the nimble Jeeps and Tacomas I can't help but feel oversized. But, when I load up my truck with all of my supplies and goodies with room to spare I like it still. Plus, it's comfortable for the long hual, and so roomy. I'm thinking I may buy a used Jeep someday for the day trips and more technical overnighters maybe, but I will likely always use the truck for the long trips on and off road. I have seen some great full size pick ups having fun. Just my thoughts. Dream vehicle would be a 4 door Rubicon pick-up conversion(perfect happy medium)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles