Nevada Trophy 2012 coming up soon

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
If I recall correctly the Hummers were allowed to run the courses, but not allowed to compete points wise for the actual Trophy due to their tire size.

I can't reiterate this enough, don't let your vehicle choice keep you from trying this. It was a great time.

Monterorider

Adventurer
They had full scoring applied to them, special task and points. I think they put in mixed effort so they didn't score particularly high. They'd gun it for awhile then stop, hang out, take pictures. They were there for fun. I think they were admitted on recognizance that 37" is OEM size tire.
They might be lenient on some things but can work you hard on others. Particularly everything must be attached securely. They gave me quite hard time last year my battery wasn't sufficiently attached. Fortunately rally was out of Fernly. They got Lowes, Walmart, even serveral auto parts stores. I was able to rig something up. Then of course luck would have it. My brakes disintegrated after first day. I was able to source parts right there we were only 1/2 hour late to start.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
They might be lenient on some things but can work you hard on others. Particularly everything must be attached securely. They gave me quite hard time last year my battery wasn't sufficiently attached.

I learned way back to secure everything. The Aussies were very big on safety and very good at explaining why and how to. During the Rainforest Challenge in Malaysia I had a nasty roll but fortunately nothing happened because everything was secured. They don't put these things in the rules just for the fun of it. We were able to make it to the end of the event.

rfc54.jpg

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Monterorider

Adventurer
NVTR is not quite as grueling as Rainforest Challenge but one can always get carried away. Rollover opportunities abound.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
These are far more fun than the big events. There isn't the pressure or the extreme conditions. But events like RFC don't have the navigation part which is also quite challenging and takes practice. I will be getting in touch with the organization to see what they say with tire size. If its a no go, I don't think I'll be making a 2000+ mile trip just to play, and not be part of the competition. I can do that in NC with local groups.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
They had full scoring applied to them, special task and points. I think they put in mixed effort so they didn't score particularly high. They'd gun it for awhile then stop, hang out, take pictures. They were there for fun. I think they were admitted on recognizance that 37" is OEM size tire.
They might be lenient on some things but can work you hard on others. Particularly everything must be attached securely. They gave me quite hard time last year my battery wasn't sufficiently attached. Fortunately rally was out of Fernly. They got Lowes, Walmart, even serveral auto parts stores. I was able to rig something up. Then of course luck would have it. My brakes disintegrated after first day. I was able to source parts right there we were only 1/2 hour late to start.

I know they were scored and allowed to run the entire event, but I was also present when M. Greene told someone that they signed up knowing that they could not win due to their tire size. The wagon was on 40"s as I recall. They were neat neat guys definitely having a fun time.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I would like to go but it doesn't seem viable since my vehicle doesn't come stock with 40" tires. There is also the problem that I may not be back in time from overseas. :( I will try to contact the organization and see what they say about tire size.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

silvrzuki77

explorer
I would think the would let you slide but who knows. We had access to core race truck but pesky registration and insurance!

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I've sent them an email, so let's see what they reply. In the end, it's their event, and they will run it as they please. Chances are they will say no. They're a Land Rover/Camel Trophy crowd that believes in keeping vehicles stock. I have been part of the LR/CT crowd for years, and they tend to stick to their guns. Even if they do say yes, my biggest problem is if I'll be back in the US in time for the event. There is a bigger chance of making it for next year's event. By then you should have your H3T with the SAS done. :D

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Not if I don't have a good navigator. This type of event is more about navigation, strategy and good team mates. The vehicle is secondary. It just happens to be that it's my only vehicle in the US.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

xpdishn

Adventurer
Well, here is a dumb question, but where does one find the "Rules"? We looked all over their site and nothing. And does anyone know if it is full yet? We have e-mailed ORE about it though.

Gary

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I found it from the link on the first post. It's not full. The organizer said if they didn't meet the minimum requirement for participants, they would cancel the whole event.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles