Thread: alternitive to a Yakima/Thule system roof rack

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Renton, Washington, United States

    Default alternitive to a Yakima/Thule system roof rack

    I've been in the market for a new roof rack system since I sold off the one I made a few years back. I've looked at the mega warrior for Yakima and Thule and couldn't pull the trigger on a $400 system and another $100 for the attachments to fit my 99 4runner.

    I just purchased a Curt roof rack system and extension from and had it out of the box and together in about an hour. it was very well manufactured and 95% of the holes matched up perfectly. The other 5% needed a little force but the bolts did go in and every thing lined up properly.

    The mounting system is somewhat universal and can be used on round and square tubes.

    I did need to reverse the forward cross bar to add the extra support for the front of the rack.

    It measures 62"x37"x4" with extension installed and 41.5"x37"x4" with out

    Overall for around $210 for the rack and extension I felt it was a good buy and would recommend it.

    Here are the links

    Side view

    Front view



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hancock, Maryland
    looks good on there! i went with the Surco (pricey, i know) but my truck didnt have a factory rack system, and the surco came with the rails to mount to the roof.
    NICK ~ CrazyEyeZ

    2005 GMC Canyon Z71 4x4 crewcab < >
    -2" lift shackles and AAL's, TB's cranked, Rancho shocks, 31x10.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Trailmark
    -roof rack, 24v LED flood and spot lights, 2x 4ft FireSticks, Cobra 29 classic w/weather
    -custom HD bullbar with 4 130w KC DayLighters

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Boulder, Colorado, United States
    rhino also makes a good product. i have rhino towers and rails on my pickup. the curt stuff looks good! I like the basket. could you fix the links? they have ... in them. need the whole thing.
    2015 GMC 1500 CREW Z71 6.5'
    Roam'n Chariot pop up
    toy: 72' wagoneer 6in lift, 33" MTR, transplant in progress: lsx and 6l80e

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Renton, Washington, United States
    1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited 3.4L Auto rear locker
    1999 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L Auto *sold*
    With many Modifications
    Build thread

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Looks good. I got lucky on my Yalima Load Warrior and pipcked it up dirt cheap on CL. This looks to be relly similar in mounts and all.
    I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
    they've always worked for me.

    THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.​

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts