iPad cases

Trailfrog

Adventurer
I bought one of the new iPads and now I'm looking for a good case for travel that has stands built in. I would like something more on the rugged side preferably less than $60. Any suggestions?

jCubed

Adventurer
OtterBox Defender! I've been using it since iPad 1! It's awesome! Exactly what you are asking for.

targa88

Explorer
Another vote for Otterbox.
I have been using two different models (iPad 1 & 2)

There are a number of models to choose from. Suggest visiting their site.

Klarktx

X3 on Otterbox. They are the most prominent brand.

There are many similar products, but they have them cornered IMO

JAvendan

Observer
I have a Griffin Defender on my iPad 2.

I don't care to much for the stand.

But I do like the protection.

Joel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Im running the Pelican i1075 case. Its bulky, but holds cables, charger, keyboard, etc. Also bombproof which is nice.

reece146

Automotive Artist
Are any of these boxes compatible with RAM mounts? If the case didn't need to be removed to mount in the vehicle...

jwhutch

Observer
I have an otter box and the Griffen Survivor. I like them both, but I think The Otterbox has the edge only because of the screen protector on the Griffin, (too much glare). Regarding overall ruggedness, I think the Griffin takes the prize. Ram has the tab-title and another model that claim to work with the case on the iPad.

jCubed

Adventurer
Are any of these boxes compatible with RAM mounts? If the case didn't need to be removed to mount in the vehicle...

I'm using the Tab Tight system from Ram and like it. I'm still using the Otterbox and it's built for it of works perfectly without any case on it.

Trailfrog

Adventurer
Thanks for everyone's input. I went with the otterbox and really like it. Now to figure out a way to mount it with the case hopefully.

4xdog

Explorer
I sold an Ottherbox Defender here on ExPo -- just too big. I've been using a Hard Candy StreetSkin thermoplastic urethane case for half a year now, and it's perfect for me. Tough, not silicone (just don't like the feel of silicone cases), super to hold onto. The nubs that hold the cover on have been criticized by some, but they really do work pretty well.

Don

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I have the original iPad. I use the Zagg InvisibleShield product (front and back) and have also used an Otterbox for protection. For most day to day use the InvisibleSheild is fine for me since it sits in my back most of the time. For more rugged conditions like around camp, I do like the Otterbox however I limit my usage simply because it almost doubles the weight of the iPad due to the hard Plastic exoskeleton + soft urethane protection. It's also a pain to put on and take off.

FWIW, i also use a RAM mount when i'm using the ipad for navigation and have to remove the Otterbox because it won't fit into the mount otherwise.

Kilroy

Adventurer
That is a pain. Ram mount supposedly should still work with otter box installed.

FWIW, i also use a RAM mount when i'm using the ipad for navigation and have to remove the Otterbox because it won't fit into the mount otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles