How important is having a clean title on m416's?

(beans)

Observer
Hey guys,

I found what looks to be a good deal on an old m416....could be a really fun project!

However, there is no title...is this a big concern or should I just calm the hell down and dive in?

Thanks in advance!

EdwardBernal

Adventurer
Dude - if CO is ANYTHING like NJ, run like the f%&#$@ wind. I had a title and I almost went postal on those morons
who run the NJDMV. Reseach the process CAREFULLY before you buy. My 2 cents your MMV...............................

kai38

Explorer
Tell them its a homemade trailer and doesn't have a title, they will issue you a VIN & title.
You might need to go get it weighed first and take the slip from the scale with you.

Smksignals

Explorer
CA was no sweat. Trailer was never registered & no vin. Went to the DMV with only a bill of sale. Told them it's a utility trailer, left in a 1/2 an hour with a vin tag and plates.

Dirtytires

Explorer
Agree with Mark. Maine tags.
I got my five year tag and registration for 86.00
You can always change the registered state if you want.

tdittyrocks

Observer
I just recently went through the process of registering and titling an M416 in Colorado. It wasn't a big deal at all as long as you can get a bill of sale from the seller. If you need a form, you can get one from the DMV. You will also have to have a VIN inspection by the State Patrol as part of the process.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Utah doesn't care a bit about titles on single axle trailers, anything tandem or more requires a plate but the will issue a VIN. I would check with your local DMV and verify your local regulations.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nothing false about having a trailer with the correct weigh class, and a matching Vin number plate and title.
Pa makes their money, regestration and $6.00 a year and all are happy. No jumping through hoops.
There are several companies on the net sell titles for any vehicle age or style.

My buddy just bought one for a project 1954 ford truck.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
In Utah if the trailer weighs less that 750 lbs. you don't even need to register it. I just use my M 416 and don't worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online