G'day from Australia. Motoz MN GLX R: Evolution of a Warrior

motoz

Adventurer
With the exhaust now installed I turned to the rear shock bushes. Mine were totally flogged out. The guys at Ultimate posted me down a new set for the rear shocks and the front struts. All free of charge.

Great to see a company standing by their products. Their customer service really is second to none !!!

ruvytyhy.jpg
9y4a7u8e.jpg

After a service and tune the Triton was running like a dream. I went back to work and the Missus took the car over to the west coast for a couple weeks camping. It ran great and came back with no damage... Everyone wins... :lol:

I was searching eBay for bargains and while looking for jousting sticks came across these rippers...

avy4azup.jpg

It was so cheesy I had to grab one. The jewel in the crown was this though...

eryqunu2.jpg

Having been searching for the right long range tank for a while I jumped at this. When I went to pick it up I noticed a small dent and a couple scratches that wernt listed in the add. Some heated haggling and $50 was knocked off the price and the sender unit and filler etc included. :D

arehy3ej.jpg
jypuqy4e.jpg
u7atabyh.jpg

The install went very well. I ran the std tank virtually out of fuel, emptied out the LR tank and rinsed it with fresh diesel. Unbolted the std Swapped the hoses over bolted up the new and all done.

avy2ytut.jpg

a6enuva7.jpg

It fitted perfectly with the 3" system and WASP sliders. All mounting holes and brackets lined up perfectly and the handbrake cable reinstated without a drama.

esybe2uh.jpg

ude3e9ar.jpg

It sits flush with the chassis rails so on the whole for $390 I couldn't be happier.

anapa7u4.jpg

If we can get 1000kms range between drinks it will suit my needs.

To be continued...

;)

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice upgrades. in California, you can only modify the exhaust after the catalytic converter.

As far as those long range tanks, it would be great to have them and the other hand, filling it up would be exceptionally painful!! LOL!

motoz

Adventurer
Thanks guys. Yes we don't have the luxury of your cheap fuel prices here in Oz.

Filling it to the brim should come in just shy of $200. We're planning to cross the Simpson Desert so will need a minimum range of 700kms in sand driving conditions to make it viable.

:D

Cruisn

Adventurer
nice rig, looks like you're all set for a good simpson crossing, I am booking in for the canning in juneish 2014

motoz

Adventurer
Nice. Filling that up locally is ~$140. Too bad we don't get those here.

It took 127lt to fill the tank. I drove 350kms before the needle moved off the F mark.

I predict it should still have about 20lt in the tank once the fuel light comes on.

motoz

Adventurer
It uses the factory sender so it's not an issue. I helped a mate fit one in his Hilux and it required lengthening of the sender float arm.

:)

motoz

Adventurer
FINALLY IT ARRIVES!!!

After much delay, almost three months due to supply issues I got a knock at the door yesterday and signed for a new piece of kit.

I'd ordered one of the Runva 11XP winch's during a Xmas runout sale. After reviewing most of the specs of the import winches on paper and price point this unit was right up at the pointy end.

y8uju3up.jpg

Included in the kit 11000lb winch with Dyneema Rope
600A Solenoid Pack with 32mm2 cables
3.6m Handheld Remote
Wireless Remote
Aluminium Hawse Fairlead
Clevis Style Safety Hook
Snatch Block
Winch Cover

8yba2y6a.jpg

Features:

Free spooling clutch
Winch power in and out via remote
Automatic braking action. (Screw Cone)
100% Waterproof competition grade Solenoids
High output series wound motor
Heavy duty robust construction
Full Steel 3 stage Runva patented planetary gearing

6y9e9uby.jpg

I really like the fact that the solenoid's are inside a steel housing. How it lasts time will tell though it looks :cool:

Here's the specs;

Rated Line Pull 11,000lb (4990kg)
Motor – Series Wound (12V) 4.9kW/6.5hp
Gear Reduction Ratio (12V) 230:1
Dyneema Winch Rope 11mm x 25M

I will endeavour to find the time to fit it over the next few weeks. It will be good to have the bar off as I've got a little bit of trail damage lurking behind that I need to repair.

To be continued...

motoz

Adventurer
Ok well winch is finally in. Got the whole job done in two hours. No blood spilled and very little swearing !!!

Off with the front bar...

7ujavuze.jpg

winch mounted in the cradle...

bura4avu.jpg

wire it up and were in buisness...

bequdape.jpg

na7eqabe.jpg

motoz

Adventurer
Finally replaced some of my worn out kit today. I've put a new kit together consisting of;

2 x 9m snatch straps
3 x 3m tree trunk protectors
2 x snatch blocks
1 x 6m grade 70 drag chain
2 x 5m synthetic winch rope protector sleeves
Various 4.75t / 3.25t D shackles

2pr riggers gloves
1pr overalls

All in a HD tool kit. Still waiting on a 10m synthetic winch extension and 2.5m equaliser strap to arrive.

u5ugeve9.jpg

u6epajag.jpg

veve5a5e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz