JK Tailgate Tables - The lowdown

jdzl

Space is a premium, and I want one of these... How to choose???

Let's meet the tables!

22mp2.jpg

Vector Offroad MP Table 22"

28mp1.jpg

Vector Offroad MP Table 28"

EVO-TRAILTABLE-05.jpg

Off Road Evolution EVO Trail Table

RSE%20Pro%20Mo%20190.JPG

Rock-Slide Engineering Tailgate Table

Jeep%20JK%20Table%205048%20proto%20blk%201.jpg

Off Road Trail Tools JK Tray Table

oap2.jpg

Adventure Trailers Trailgater

TGR_revA_closed1.jpg

Outback Adventure JK Tailgater

By Price (Lowest to highest)
- Vector Offroad MP Table 22" - $159.99
- Vector Offroad MP Table 28" - $169.99*
- Off Road Evolution EVO Trail Table - $179.99
- Rock-Slide Engineering Tailgate Table - $179.99
- Off Road Trail Tools JK Tray Table - $234.95 (+$50 for Overland Edition)*
- Adventure Trailers Trailgater - $329*
- Outback Adventure JK Tailgater - $365*

By workspace (Largest to smallest)
- Adventure Trailers Trailgater - 13" x 25" = 325 sq/in + 10" x 14" cutting board = 465 sq/in*
- Outback Adventure JK Tailgater - 13" x 25" = 325 sq/in + 10" x 14" cutting board = 465 sq/in*
- Rock-Slide Engineering Tailgate Table - 450 sq/in
- Off Road Evolution EVO Trail Table - 348 sq/in
- Off Road Trail Tools JK Tray Table - 331.5 sq/in*
- Vector Offroad MP Table 28" - 11" x 27.5" = 302.5 sq/in*
- Vector Offroad MP Table 22" - 11" x 22" = 242 sq/in

By workspace area per dollar (Lowest to highest)
- Rock-Slide Engineering Tailgate Table - $179.99 / 450 sq/in = $0.40 per sq/in
- Off Road Evolution EVO Trail Table - $179.99 / 348 sq/in = $0.52 per sq/in
- Vector Offroad MP Table 28" - $169.99 / 302.5 sq/in = $0.56 per sq/in*
- Vector Offroad MP Table 22" - $159.99 / 242sq/in = $0.66 per sq/in
- Adventure Trailers Trailgater - $329 / 465 sq/in = $0.71 per sq/in*
- Off Road Trail Tools JK Tray Table - $234.95 / 331.5 sq/in = $0.71 per sq/in*
- Outback Adventure JK Tailgater - $365 / 465 sq/in = $0.78 per sq/in*

By load bearing capacity (Highest to lowest)
- Off Road Evolution EVO Trail Table - 150lbs (Not official rating, given by company in thread)
- Vector Offroad MP Table 28" - 75lbs*
- Vector Offroad MP Table 22" - 75lbs
- Adventure Trailers Trailgater - 40lbs*
- Outback Adventure JK Tailgater - 40lbs*
- Rock-Slide Engineering Tailgate Table - 38lbs (Not official rating, given by company in thread)
- Off Road Trail Tools JK Tray Table - 0lbs* (None given, none found)

* Table only works with 07-10 models

---

That's it for now, let me know if anyone wants any other specific information included.

Last edited:

forsakenfuture

Explorer
I got one back when Trail tools first came out with them for my LJ. I miss having it one on my JK. One side effect....anyone who doesn't "get it" will think its the dorky/dumb.

I looked over the Rock Slide one at EJS and it seemed to be good quality and I liked the extra shelf. I think the perfect one would be combining Rock slides extra shelf with Adventure trailers cutting board:ylsmoke:

JDaPP

Adventurer
I have the vector offroad. It is a good table and the feature to hang molle bags off of it is why I went that route . It use nutserts for the bolts so make sure you have the right tool (the one they try to sell you sucks). I ended up having to use a different method than the nutserts to get the table installed.

cobound

Adventurer
Nice. Subscribing to thread...would like to see some more "real world" shots, use. Disappointed what is online out there.

I like the drop gate on my Scrambler, but the JK is used more for family stuff and long travels, be nice to have one of these.

Anyone fab one of their own?

Good thread idea.

B

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
My choice would be the Adventure Trailers Tailgater or the Outback Adventure JK Tailgater. I like the easy cleaning surface as well as being able to wipe crumbs off the front lip of the tray. I also like the pull out side tray for more counter space. Personally I like the wood of the Adventure Trailers one.

cobound

Adventurer
Thanks, Scherb. I've followed your stuff all over the Jeepin net. Great stuff! I could use a guy like you in my backyard :D

I like those tables, but I think for the cash ($300) I could bend some steel and fab one of my own. Really been contemplating it. This thread just got it back on top of mind!

B

Rancho

Supporting Sponsor - Rancho Suspensions
I went with the Off Road Evolution for my build, I saw an image of a guy standing on it in the shop and that was enough for me. Should have no problems with a bag of tools.

jdzl

I went with the Off Road Evolution for my build, I saw an image of a guy standing on it in the shop and that was enough for me. Should have no problems with a bag of tools.

Hard to beat at $0.52 a sq/in compared to the others (The RS-E didn't work for us since we wanted to put a pretty big stove on it), plus the fact that it's super heavy duty AND has a bottle opener!

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
Hard to beat at $0.52 a sq/in compared to the others (The RS-E didn't work for us since we wanted to put a pretty big stove on it), plus the fact that it's super heavy duty AND has a bottle opener!

Every Jeep has a built-in bottle opener - the door latch striker.
Not as good as the ones on my Suzukis, but the Jeep's still works great.
I really only drink from bottles at home though - cans on the trail. I don't like broken glass and all the noise of glass bottles rattling in the cooler on the trail.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Every Jeep has a built-in bottle opener - the door latch striker.

Funny story about that one. I was attempting to show my buddy(brand new jeep owner) this trick. I pulled a bottle out of his cooler and attempted to use the tailgaite striker. The entire neck of the bottle broke off in my hand...didn't even crack the seal on the lid.

toymaster

Explorer
Space is a premium, and I want one of these... How to choose???

22mp2.jpg

I vote this one or which ever size fits the JK. I have the MPAC rack on my tailgate which is great for storage but sometimes I wish I had a table back there. The Vector appears to be the answer to both.

IMG-20110921-00171-M.jpg

jet noise

Observer
To the OP, thanks for the rundown. I like the vector since it can be used in the stowed position for attaching things, but it looks like the 28" is no longer available. I was thinking of one of those for my trailer. Whelp, maybe a vector 22" for the JK and an RSE for the trailer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles