Need some answers

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
I am in need of some answers. I have a friend who has a '10 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X. Does it come with a locker or limited slip? Is it skid platted? I would assume both, but we are planning on taking it to Moab, he is out of town right now and he but the truck because he liked how it looked, and he knows very little about it or offroading. Also nissan owners what is a good inexpensive way to lift it about 2"? Do Bilstein 5100 adjustables work? I love them on my Tundra. What does OME have to offer? Besides EXPO what are some good sites for us to start visiting? Thanks for all your help.

drbandkgb

Xterra Junky
Yes the proX4 has a rear locker.. and should have skids.. Not great skids but better than no skids...
Look up PRG or Nisstech for lifts...

4x4parts.com
Shrockworks
RLCweldfab

Kuma632

Observer
Yeah!, the Frontier is a great platform. PRGproducts.com is a pretty nice source for performance susp. parts.
Also check out ClubFrontier.org for info, they know what's up.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Checked it out today. It has hill decent control, and a rear locker. I don't know what if anything he will do to it. He is really excited to take it to Moab, and we will see when we get back. We took it out today up a pretty steep hill with good off camber ruts. The first time with the locker off and then with it on. The first time the traction control kicked in and pulled us right up, the second time (locker engaged) we tried to get a tire to slip and nothing. It was great. The hill decent control could have been a little better. It really lets you fall over the crest of the hill before it decides to hold you back. The Jeep design feels better. Over all I would love to have this truck. My Tundra does not even have traction control. Not saying that I'd trade my Tundra however, I love lots of things about it. Like the looks, interior space, V8, 6.5' bed, interior space, did I mention the interior space and 6.5' bed. I only whish it has some kind of traction aiding device. Maybe I could win the lottery and have a smaller truck with a locker to take out and offroad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior