SOLD - 1996 Mercedes G320

zimm

Expedition Leader
not likely and it has the straight 6. great motor, sketchy wiring in the engine harness and tb.

that truck is about 12,000 over priced.

dont do it.....

tpond

Observer
The engine wiring harness was originally made with biodegradable insulation, this is a serious Achilles heel of any Mercedes built in this era. The insulation would break down prematurely, literally falling off the wire. This truck has had the faulty harness completely replaced with a brand new (non-biodegradable) harness. Anything that this truck has needed, it has received. Mechanically and cosmetically this truck is in top notch condition. Everything is up to snuff, and I invite potential buyers to have it inspected to verify that. The asking price reflects the condition of the truck, having said that, it is best offer. If you think it is over priced, inspect it, and make an honest offer. You never know what could happen.

Toby

Last edited:

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
She is a 'perty' truck. It is a bit much $$- especially after the last one I was after... Thanks Zimm!!

Toby- got your email, thanks. Are you the orig owner, or how long have you had it? I had a '04 G and loved it but was still suffering from the green oval disease and went back to a Defender, sadly.

Another attribute is this is an easy petrol to diesel conversion down the road should one be so inclined.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
This is one of the very best responses to "your rig is overpriced" I have seen. Well done. Our once little community is protective and we have grown to be thankful for the Zimm's and the Haven's that keep up honest. Best of luck on your sale!

The engine wiring harness was originally made with biodegradable insulation, this is a serious Achilles heel of any Mercedes built in this era. The insulation would break down prematurely, literally falling off the wire. This truck has had the faulty harness completely replaced with a brand new (non-biodegradable) harness. Anything that this truck has needed, it has received. Mechanically and cosmetically this truck is in top notch condition. Everything is up to snuff, and I invite potential buyers to have it inspected to verify that. The asking price reflects the condition of the truck, having said that, it is best offer. If you think it is over priced, inspect it, and make an honest offer. You never know what could happen.

Toby

tpond

Observer
Thanks fro the kind words. The truck is sold locally, and the new owner is very happy!
This is one of the very best responses to "your rig is overpriced" I have seen. Well done. Our once little community is protective and we have grown to be thankful for the Zimm's and the Haven's that keep up honest. Best of luck on your sale!

wolfandson

I'm the guy that bought it and I couldn't be happier! The truck is in OUTSTANDING condition! Although I miss the "extra" two cylinders of my '99 G500, I am a big fan of the inline 6 and will get used to it quickly. Immediate plans are to paint the top buff white and powdercoat the Hutchinson military beadlocks I got with it the same color (with factory gray bolts) and mount 'em up! To the guy who thought it was overpriced--I made a reasonable offer and got it. Try to find another one in this condition! Thsnks again, Chad and Toby!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm the guy that bought it and I couldn't be happier! The truck is in OUTSTANDING condition! Although I miss the "extra" two cylinders of my '99 G500, I am a big fan of the inline 6 and will get used to it quickly. Immediate plans are to paint the top buff white and powdercoat the Hutchinson military beadlocks I got with it the same color (with factory gray bolts) and mount 'em up! To the guy who thought it was overpriced--I made a reasonable offer and got it. Try to find another one in this condition! Thsnks again, Chad and Toby!

**************!! I hope you're bringing it to G-Treffen.

PS--Hi Toby and Chad and S/D/P crew!

otiswesty

Regular guy

Way to go Eric, it is in good hands for sure. Be sure to post up a couple of pics in the Gwagen forum once you get the paint done and wheels installed.
Eric H

rijosho

Adventurer
Truck looks superrrrrr familiar. One of the Merc guys probably remembers, but I can swear this was for sale back in 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles