Pete's Tacoma Build

southerncomfort

I had a bestop on my Colorado before I got rid of the truck. I loved it. When you get scratches on the plastic windows fix it with a headlight polisher.

pnorvell

Adventurer
Nice job. Very thoughtful and clean looking. Watch out for that zolo guy... he'll have you chopping off that bed in no time. ;)

I tried to trade him! I would gladly take that bed off his hands.

Lookin good! you will love that bestop, and it does work very well as a sleeping area. I have slept many nights in mine (with several feet of snow ontop in fact)

I do love this thing! They don't like heavy down pours so much though. I also need to order a few more clamps to keep the front section more secured and follow suit in your "rebuild" of it. I hate it when the clips fall between the bed...

pnorvell

Adventurer
do you take the flairs off to spray them or just mask them off in place?

I left them on the truck. It was a huge pain with the over spray etc, but Toyota does not make it easy to take these things off. I figured by the time I would have had them off, I could have been done just by masking everything off. Not the most professional route, but I was fighting with lack of daylight and just wanted it done.

I had a bestop on my Colorado before I got rid of the truck. I loved it. When you get scratches on the plastic windows fix it with a headlight polisher.

No way! The Meguiars brand or just any? That has been the one thing I can't get figured. Every time I have tried to clean them it just scratches more. Thanks so much!

And thanks for all the kind words! I'll try and post up more photos of this weekend's camping kayaking trip! It was a blast!

Sincerely,

Peter

pnorvell

Adventurer
Here are some updated photos of the truck out and about.

This is us just finishing up an easy run on the Cartecay River from Lower Cartecay Road to DNR! It was a blast! Needed a few more inches of water as it was a little too scrape scrape for me.

IMG_1655 by pnorvell, on Flickr

IMG_1656 by pnorvell, on Flickr

I'm playing around with the idea of a bedside mount for the spare tire. Right now it's just strapped to a bed rail but I really like it there. I had originally wanted to flush mount it in the front of the bed against the cab but it takes up almost all the rear window... My friend Aaron, being the creative type, is just going to help me make a mount for the spare that attaches to the bed rail, effectively giving me the ability to put it anywhere. I'll try and post some good photos of it once it's done as I think they would sell pretty well... Just saying.

It's hard to make out in any of the photos but this is best one

IMG_1648 by pnorvell, on Flickr

Anyone have any input on Bedside mounts? I know I can get Quickfist's for just about any accessories as that is already the plan for that. But what about the tire? Anyone already done this?

I still have a few accessories waiting to go on. Almost everything on this truck is a "first" as I've been lucky enough to be selected to test a company's suspension and "test fit" some of their other items. I've been itching to get the other stuff on here! As soon as it is on the truck, it will be up here!

Soon....

Jimmeh

Think'n with me dipstick!
Are those holes prep for a snorkel? Can't tell if this is the bed or the front fender....

pnorvell

Adventurer
Are those holes prep for a snorkel? Can't tell if this is the bed or the front fender....

That's the front fender cut for a snorkel. It was a bear but turned out great! I should be more technical with these things and have really, really detailed photos and write ups, so I'm trying to work on that. Photos pending!

By the way, it's not a Safari Snorkel...

Sincerely,

Peter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles