Pretty amazing Hummer trailer

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Wow I missed this thread I guess. Seems like a TON of hummer and Anti Hummer arguments. Lol I love how people love or hate hummer based on the name sometimes. Like mentioned earlier vehicles should be purchased and modified based on YOUR needs. I needed something with a truck bed for storage, comfortable to drive everyday, and still capable on the trail. An H3T with front and read lockers stock seemed to fit and that's what I got. For some people a jeep works better, or a power wagon etc etc. I don't know the owner of this vehicle but he's fromH4O and in my experience they are the greatest group of guys and gals you could meet. If they enjoy their rig then who is anyone else to say otherwise? A Suzuki samurai doesn't fit for me but I don't trash talk it when i see someone post a lifted one. Regardless if there's ever a zombie apocalypse I want that H2.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
WOW I sure hope that guy beefed up the entire drive train on that h2. That thing looks like broken axles and drive shafts waiting to happen with all that extra weight added on and being pulled behind.

Woods

Explorer
Again a sweeping general statement. You should point to those whom you are writing about. The majority of comments in this thread are not pro or con Hummer, yet your statement clearly indicates otherwise. Why are you trying to make this about Hummers in general? This thread is about a specific build. I'd have the same opinion about someone building a Jeep, etc. in the same manner. You then go a step further by personalizing this. I'm willing to bet the person who owns it is a great person. I've like most all the people that I've met on the trail. You're statement makes is sound like someone said he's a jerk or something.

If you have a beef with what someone said, quote it. Then form your argument against them.

Wow I missed this thread I guess. Seems like a TON of hummer and Anti Hummer arguments. Lol I love how people love or hate hummer based on the name sometimes. Like mentioned earlier vehicles should be purchased and modified based on YOUR needs. I needed something with a truck bed for storage, comfortable to drive everyday, and still capable on the trail. An H3T with front and read lockers stock seemed to fit and that's what I got. For some people a jeep works better, or a power wagon etc etc. I don't know the owner of this vehicle but he's fromH4O and in my experience they are the greatest group of guys and gals you could meet. If they enjoy their rig then who is anyone else to say otherwise? A Suzuki samurai doesn't fit for me but I don't trash talk it when i see someone post a lifted one. Regardless if there's ever a zombie apocalypse I want that H2.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I did read through the thread by Hamster on the other forum. He lives in SoCal so maybe I'll see his rig on the road. I'm guessing that he still has a learning curve on dealing with a large and heavy trailer in really challenging offroad situations. A comment from him about a much larger "mobile technology center" trailer being garaged says that he is learning about size limits and that this is his second build.

My first observation is that the trailer looks to be as big or bigger than the H2. He may go on mostly graded dirt roads in the high desert where turning or backing up are fairly easy or maybe camp in some of the nice national forest campgrounds that also have graded dirt roads.
IMG_1550.jpg

Second observation is an echo of other folks that the trailer is painted black and has a lot of metal so it is going to be an oven most of the year. It has an AC unit and a noisy Craftsman generator to counter the oven problem but no apparent sound insulation in the trailer. It does not appear to have a 12 VDC compressor fridge but it has a rear mounted winch. The running board comment in the previous post can be expanded to say that this rig has yet to be on a seriously rocky trail.

If I met the owner or if he was a member here I would be just as comfortable with my comments and I would likely have a lot of questions about the premise that this trailer was built upon. The answers could explain away a lot of the impolite assumptions made in this thread.

Give the guy credit for the build quality, the fit and finish as well as some fascinating features such as the removeable center section that allows the height to shrink
DSCN2100.jpg

Just imagine what his 3rd or 4th build will be like if his offroading contiinues to evolve?.This guy could build some seriously awesome overlanding trailers. I wish I had his fab skills and resources to build my own trailer.

Honu

lost on the mainland
The height thing is cool if he could do it with a way to have it go up but keep the hard side would be cool like some I have seen

Even a setup that has good canvas sides when up hard when down would be a cool option

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Again a sweeping general statement. You should point to those whom you are writing about. The majority of comments in this thread are not pro or con Hummer, yet your statement clearly indicates otherwise. Why are you trying to make this about Hummers in general? This thread is about a specific build. I'd have the same opinion about someone building a Jeep, etc. in the same manner. You then go a step further by personalizing this. I'm willing to bet the person who owns it is a great person. I've like most all the people that I've met on the trail. You're statement makes is sound like someone said he's a jerk or something.

If you have a beef with what someone said, quote it. Then form your argument against them.

Hmmm. Wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone and i sure as heck dont have a beef. Was just trying to make the point that everyone is entitled to their opinion be it bad good etc about any vehicle. For Hamster he likes it. For some of us not our cup of tea but it's his trailer. And the anti vs pro hummer thing wasnt really a main point just a side comment at some of the random things from different people on here. Sorry if I somehow offended you.

D

Deleted member 9101

The trailer build is pretty neat, and very versatile. However the tow vehicle looks like a prime example of what happens when somebody has too much money and not enough sense.

And thats any different than some of the trucks on here...lol.

TRegasaurus

Adventurer
I know it's been said, but just how big does an off road trailer need to be?
That's got to have something over 200 cubic feet of storage.
Plus all that diamond plate must weigh a ton by itself.
I mean Really?

Okay, something nice... I like how it pops up:)

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I like the trailer, It has enough room for rations, water, gas and ammo for when the Zombies inhabit the earth.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
I mostly posted this here to stir the pot. This thread is a microcosm of what expo has become - a little love, some uneducated comments, some misinformation, some serious hate, some practicality and a lot of talk about methodology/personalities/etc rather than the original post.

This was fun, thanks all :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^^^^^ So, you admit to trolling then.

All I can say is... unlike books, when it comes to vics likes this one you can judge a person by their cover.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner

All I can say is... unlike books, when it comes to vics likes this one you can judge a person by their cover.

Trolling? Nah, potstirring? Yes :)

Trolling implies I came and dropped some random derogatory comment and provided no value to the community. I've been around for 5 years and have seen the community go from a pretty great place to have positive conversations - not just 'yes' - lots of constructive criticism - just not the kind of random driveby bashing of whatever someone doesn't like. That's what Pirate's for :)

It's more sad than fun to be honest

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

teotwaki

Excelsior!

I'll disagree about the judgement part and offer that the vehicle might add some flavor to the individual's unique life story. I would no more judge the Hummer trailer guy than I would jump to any conclusions based on the interesting vehicle list in your sig file. I'm sure that the "$22k in parts" comment is some sort of sheepish admission to your love of the hobby. Others might not be so kind. The group trip I am leading this weekend has 16 different vehicles and a host of wonderful people. Any sort of negative judgement based on their vehicles alone would be misguided.

youwillforget

Adventurer
The trailer and TV have their positives and negatives. I would love to see the build progress of this trailer and I would totally watch an hour long show about just that trailer and TV if Mike Rowe or Lloyd Sherr (Modern Marvels) narrated it. Maybe it is the posting that leaves out the all important Who, What, When, Where and How this trailer became attached to that H2 that has us all baffled.

But it is sad that so many of us continue to post arguments about this rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94