2008 GMC Envoy Denali - Build

Saxis

Another member from OffRoadTB coming over for more ideas. Primarily building an Overland/Camping/Hunting vehicle for myself and family. Been a slow project while real life gets in the way, but here's what I'm working with...

2008 GMC Envoy Denali:
SWB, 5.3L v8, 3.42 w/ G80 Eaton Autolocker

Suspension Modifications:
Front: BDS 2" Lift + LiftMeister 1/2" Shim, Bilstein HD struts
Rear: BDS 2" Lift + Z71 Avalanche Springs, BDS 5500 shocks; converted from AirRide
American Racing AR321 Fuel, Black w/ Machined Lip, 17x8, 6 on 127
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT265/70R17 Load Range C

Exterior Modifications:
Demolded, Running Boards Removed, VanTech Roof Rails

Engine Modifications:
Stock

Interior Modifications:
ProClip iPhone Mount, Add-an-amp, Kicker ZX500.1, 10" Infinity Perfect

Recovery Equipment:
None

Future Modifications:
Rock Sliders, MDB Fab Front Bumper + Radiator/Oil Pan skids, Tool Box and Recovery Gear, AirLift 1000 + On-Board Air, On-Board Water, iSimple

As purchased: Sept 2, 2008

Denali.jpg

Last edited:

Saxis

Demolded, running boards removed, VanTech Crossbars added.

DenaliNow.jpg

Lifted! Gained about 3" in front, 3.5" in rear.

DenaliNow-1.jpg

New Shoes! LT265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on American Racing Fuel 17x8, 6 on 127mm stock bolt pattern.

008.jpg

Saxis

I have the 84s right now, but I'm also 5.3L. I don't know how much more weight that adds to the front over you 4.2L guys, but probably not much. My set of 89s should be coming in today, and I plan on removing the 1/2" shim. Might end up a little stiff until I get more weight on the front, but I'm hoping it levels it out a bit more.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I've been a service writer at a GMC dealership for over 8 years, never seen a lifted Envoy/Trailblazer...way cool. In my opinion the Envoy is the best truck GMC ever sold. They just don't break.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I've been a service writer at a GMC dealership for over 8 years, never seen a lifted Envoy/Trailblazer...way cool. In my opinion the Envoy is the best truck GMC ever sold. They just don't break.

The platform has its quirks, but having owned GM for lots of years, the gmt360/370 platform is one of the best they had. Still not sure why they killed it.

navigator

Adventurer
...Still not sure why they killed it.
I see where you are coming from. It is a very popular SUV. I expect a lot of it had a lot to do with it only getting 20mpg on a good day and all the push for more economical vehicles. I think to most soccer moms the equinox is similar in size with new styling and over 25mpg on a less expensive platform.

I love my TB, I can seat 4 adults comfortably or 2+3 kids, tow my boat, drive on the beach and it was still reasonably priced.

Saxis

Saxis - How are you liking the wheel/tire combo? I am looking into the exact same set.

Sorry, I haven't logged in here for a while so might be too late to reply. Love the wheel/tire combo so far. No complaints about traction on any surface yet, but haven't had to run them aired down through any major trails yet. I've got 20k miles on them now and they barely look worn. Expect I'll get another 20-30k miles out of them still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles